Avid collector vs GW

masterofblood

Where to start really... Hello all! I've been collectimg a significant Blood Angels force for 15 years and once I recap the rules and whatnot, will be taking on my local store on in a battle they should remember for some time. My army is in excess of 7000 points, but I need some advice.

The first of two questions is how to incorporate a custom hq characther at a sensible points cost but with legendary weapons and special rules (while I have some ideas on the character in question), the point is that I want him to be good but not op, after Tycho's fall to the Rage I've appointed my terminator 1st captain whom I'm yet to name. I don't run with an Astorath so this is my chosen, and I will write and supply my own lore in due time if it is required.

The second is a question on my forces weaknesses, but that will require an accurate armylist which is currently under work. This was essentially an army that was built to be nigh on invincible in close quarters. A true army of bloody death, and one that would make Sanguinius proud. The high command of the Blood Angels in their combined might.

It is however most probably not a legal army, and I need some advice in that too.

I have quite a bit to paint, but I'm getting through it, but spending 40 odd hours on some models and working full time is a juggle.

Anyway please comment and Hi! to all :)

Due to the advent of unbound (Take whatever you want) I don't think the list being illegal will be a problem save perhaps for the special character you want custom rules for. However, because of unbound, you can instead use any character from any imperial force and have it work very much similarly as if it was a blood angels character. So you could always do a counts as that way.

Custom HQ's shoudl really go in the unoffical rules section where people can provide feedback.

A much better idea is to use the SM codex chapter master/captain entry and their relics/greater wargear options to produce a unique hero, then include him in the BA army as a battlebrother ally.

Archived