to field a standard

aura_enchanted

Hi guys me with a modelling issue I'd like some help with.

So this pay period I splurged and bought myself the three sacred standards off eBay in cloth format.

Now the problem is I wasn't paying attention and noted that they didn't come with a model to actually carry them. So currently I have three flags and nobody to carry them. Brother belthor is all sold out atm on eBay (as far as I can tell anyway). So I'd like some advice on what my options are to bring the real standards out to play are? Currently if you buy a plastic/resin standard bearer it only comes with the stick for the flag not a crossbar. That bar is on the flags now And is not a separate piece. Could someone offer me an option?

You could try finding some older miniatures with the metal poles and cross-bars. Another option is a piece of plastic or metal rod, cut to size, sanded slightly where it should join the upright and then pinned. Both should work, but beware of balance issues if you go for the metal option.

You could try finding some older miniatures with the metal poles and cross-bars. Another option is a piece of plastic or metal rod, cut to size, sanded slightly where it should join the upright and then pinned. Both should work, but beware of balance issues if you go for the metal option.

okay I'll try, tanks. I was worries that I'd shot myself in the foot here.

Metal Hangers are the perfect size for this, and more durable than plastic.  I used this to mount the Greenstuff Banner that PyroX did for me.  

The bottom of the Knight Champion's flail was a great mount for it as well, drilled the top of the fist out and left the bottom.  

For Power Armor, you can Ebay the Command Squad banner bits, toss the banner and make a new cross bar out of the above and some GS.

Paul

if you decide you don't like how the cloth banners looks, msg me and I'll make you a set of 3 resin ones for cost of mats only. you just gotta promise to post how they look painted :P

no rush. I got molds for dev banner, dev banner for bike, fort, and ret banners. I may do a fort and ret banner for bikes at some point. I havn't thought of doing termy banners yet but I may add them to the list.

I've successfully cut the plastic Deathwing banner (from the Deathwing Command Squad box) from its pole and filed it smooth and left with just the cross pole. I never ended up using it but just letting you know it can be done. Took me a few hours to get it just right. Once you have a banner on there you can't really notice.

no rush. I got molds for dev banner, dev banner for bike, fort, and ret banners. I may do a fort and ret banner for bikes at some point. I havn't thought of doing termy banners yet but I may add them to the list.

what about doing a tattered banner of some kind with holes and tares as a revered banner

You could even make them blank and generic in order to appeal to other astartes chapters

Archived