black knights vs new orks

tomsev

Your primary weapon against orks is morale. You need to force pinning checks and leadership.

Don't try and out cc an ork your going to fail miserably at it especially special characters.

This might be one of those cases where a porta rack will be useful as would asmodai (oddly enough).

Forcing fear, leadership, pinning, morale and watching his army destroy itself

Mob rule has the greenskin by the shorthair and if you exploit it the orks will either evaporate before they get to you or they will turn and run.

If their taking formations avoid them and then gun down the rest of his forces. This will kill any steam his formations would otherwise cause.

Alpha strike bikes I feel won't ve useful simply because he can alpha strike so much better than we can and putting the game down to who has 1st turn is going to be lousy.

I think Greenwing will probably be the wing to use against him (with dw vehicles in support). Another interesting idea if your list building against strictly orks is the banner of retribution. It robs him of his charge bonuses and orks have a lot of those. So it really neuters his melee if you can get it in the right place at the right time.

A question on pinning...do we have anything that causes pinning anymore? I believe that sniper, strafing run, barrage ordinance, all lost pinning ability in 7th, so scouts, nephilim and whirlwinds got weaker. What's left?

Blowing up transports carrying infantry forces pinning checks. If he wants to come at you bro he's doing it on foot. And orky vehicles aren't exactly the toughest things out there.

Bring some run of the mill anti tank. Auto cannons even and make his day miserable.

Also the whirly can still pin its in the statline of his missles iirc. So whirly is fine.

Archived