new box sets?

GW might still pull an unexpected twist of events and don't do the SW codex next, but it's quite unlikely ;)

In Spain the 3000 Orks vs SW sets apparently sold out (or so they told me at my local store), so if this is similar in other countries (amounts vary per country, or so I'm told), GW will capitalize on this and repeat the model with the next couple of codices. Which could perfectly be DE vs BA. Only imperial armies left for hardcover renewal are GK and BA, right? Xenos are DE and Necrons? (I'm purposefully "forgetting" sisters...but who knows!)

FIngers crossed for a good value box!!...Been considering doing eldar or dark eldar too as a second army, so if it's DE and BA the choice is made for me :D

I'd love a BA / Dark Eldar box set, since I've looking to get myself a DE army as a side project (Heresy, Purge the Alien, yes I know smile.png).

But in the end, as long as it has BA in it I'm a happy boy. I can always sell the other half if it isn't to my liking.

Same with hoping for a DE BA box. Currently only have a BA army but small DE side force matches my general lust for speed... heresy as Terrahawk says... but something for the Glorious IX to stomp on!

Seems like some clever marketing as well. What with the small rule book in its a good way to get new/old players in particular to consider picking up the hobby again. Value for money and limited edition model and all that.

Only imperial armies left for hardcover renewal are GK and BA, right? Xenos are DE and Necrons? (I'm purposefully "forgetting" sisters...but who knows!)

Wow, dead last.  I knew BA had been neglected, but it hadn't dawned on me that BA were about to hit 'Most Neglected Army' status (technically the Sisters of Battle WD codex came out more recently).

I'd love a BA / Dark Eldar box set, since I've looking to get myself a DE army as a side project (Heresy, Purge the Alien, yes I know :)).

But in the end, as long as it has BA in it I'm a happy boy. I can always sell the other half if it isn't to my liking.

I am in the same boat.

Building a blood angels force mainly, with a space wolf force and a dark eldar on the side.

I think a Blood Angels and Dark Eldar box would be cool as I started my Blood Angels army with the 3rd Edition Space Marine / Dark Eldar box. Didn't the Blood Angels starter set rumor get started because someone spotted a Necron+Blood Angels box this spring?

I think a Blood Angels and Dark Eldar box would be cool as I started my Blood Angels army with the 3rd Edition Space Marine / Dark Eldar box. Didn't the Blood Angels starter set rumor get started because someone spotted a Necron+Blood Angels box this spring?

I though it was because someone saw a rule book with a BA cover art on it?

I remember my 4th edition pdf all too well.... so don't despair brothers 

I don't get this attitude at all. Sure it was a bit lacklustre compared to a full codex but from a game play perspective we were in a better position with the PDF compared to where we are now. 

I think it started because an anonymous rumormonger knew someone who had seen some snap-to-fit BAs.  Apparently the same anonymous source had reported some snap-to-fit Necrons previously.

The speculation based on the anonymous rumors was that they were possibly for a starter.  I think the rumor mill has moved on to thinking those models are for Epic Armageddon, not a 40k boxed set.

Im not toooooo fussed.  The later into 7th, the better. Sales of codecies and general feedback will eventually have time to filter into design, and hopefully we see something excellent. 

That being said though, I do not see BA getting a major overall.  I think we're just going to get a rebalancing- and potentially one more unit.  I think BA/SW are quite tough to do well at the moment, since there's little ''new"GW can bring out to force sales.  

Either way, all the more to look forward to.

Would be nice if we could get a new toy in the meantime, like space wolves did with thunderwolf cav. Maybe we could have the blood angels harnessing giant Baal scorpions and taking them into battle. As 'blood riders' or 'blood cavalry' no doubt :p

So the rumors state. Dante's figure is outdated but I think it is dynamic enough to still be used. Mephy, however, is likely to get updated. Not that the model itself is bad but it's not dynamic enough and is old enough that it could use some work (dat plasma pistol!).

Personally, I think the Mephiston model is nice. The pose is uninspiring but the model's face, the outfit and everything is top notch.

Archived