Crossing over to the loyalists

Gaweda

So after successfully magnetizing those terminators (after a self inflicted ordeal involving plastic glue instead of super glue) I had a rematch against the friggin Tau. 1250 points, my army list was as follows:

Reclusiarch - 130

Assault Termies w/ TH/SS (5) - 225

Land Raider - 250

Death Company w/ 1 PF (7) - 165

Stormraven - 200

Fragioso w/ Drop pod - 160

DC Dread - 125

Yeah...it came to 1255, but he wanted the extra 5 points to so we let it stick. I was extremely concerned since my army was so piddly diddly small, and I was going up against 6 crisis suits, riptide w/ buff commander, ethereal, fire warriors w/ fish, pathfinders, longstrike hammerhead and a broadside. Honestly, I was expecting a brutal demolishing, but lordy, I somehow won???

I suicided my fragioso (seems to be my main strategy...hmm) and scored a wound on the broadside and 3 wounds on 2 squads of crisis suits before he was obliterated in a firestorm of fancy melta and plasma from their plasma rifles and fusion blasters. However, my storm raven came on next turn and was able to blow away another couple of suits while he failed to land anything with his skyfire missile side and riptide. My land raider tried to come on via deep strike. Ended up scattering half of the board so my opponent placed it waaaay over the other side of the board, but with full los to his hammerhead. Oh-ho...KERBLAM!!! He didn't appreciate that. Again, he wasn't able to do anything his turn, so then out came the death company, closer rumbled the land raider, pew-pew went the stormraven. I think you can see how it ends. He did end up downing the storm raven and I manged 3 rolls of one to loe three termies to overwatching fire warriors, but it ended up a glorious Blood Angels victory, washing away the shameful defeat from a couple weeks ago. Next time, I'll try and provide pictures, I was too busy reveling in broken Tau bodies.

Edit: Oh...I think the wooden spoon goes to the DC dread with blood talons who took THREE TURNS to take out a broadside with 1 wound left. Just sad....

Archived