Deathwing Terminator Sgt. must have PS/SB?

Quixus

The codex says

Any model can replace all of his weapons with:

The most recent Errata changed the wording to:

Any model can replace his storm bolter and power fist with:

Still implying (any model) that the sergeant can take lightning claws or a thunder hammer and storm shield but effectively prohibiting him since he does not have a power fist to replace.

So what gives?

The codex says

Any model can replace all of his weapons with:

The most recent Errata changed the wording to:

Any model can replace his storm bolter and power fist with:

Still implying (any model) that the sergeant can take lightning claws or a thunder hammer and storm shield but effectively prohibiting him since he does not have a power fist to replace.

So what gives?

If you read the digital edition of the codex it still has the old verbage. Gw officially treats the digital codex as gospel however your welcome to steal from the hardcopy as well which means your pfg works on vehicles when embarked :D

In therory the FAQ should override both paper and digital. In any case to avoid much confusions, If you have the paper codex you have PS and SB sgt, if you have digital then he can have TH&SS.

Check with your group to see how they handle the situation.

This is the typical case of modifying a subjective wording by another subjective wording...

The previous one implied that a terminator with CML should replace all its weapons (including the CML) by a TH/SS or a pair of lightning claws... Thus preventing you to play a Th/SS termi with CML.

So GW modified the wording but without thinking of what it would imply...

The most simple thing would have been to change "by any model could change both his BASE weapons by..."

This is the typical case of modifying a subjective wording by another subjective wording...

The previous one implied that a terminator with CML should replace all its weapons (including the CML) by a TH/SS or a pair of lightning claws... Thus preventing you to play a Th/SS termi with CML.

So GW modified the wording but without thinking of what it would imply...

The most simple thing would have been to change "by any model could change both his BASE weapons by..."

default or stock weapons would also work.

My local gw us forcing us to choose. Here you play it one way or the other and you need to be consistent about it.

So I am playing with the hardbook interpretation. I'm not even mad about the deathwing alteration because I won't field any. Terminators are horribad for their points.

Archived