Something dead cometh this way [Artwork]

Colrouphobic

Christmas balls of doom!

Seriously though, I first painted a large number of differently shaped vials, but it just looked off... os I went for balls... and then, a skull on his hip and a cencer that is round didnt help :p

Glad you guys like!

For some reason, he reminds me of Bill Nighy. And while I can't say why exactly, that just fits so well laugh.png

Solid work.

Edit- Ahh, I think I got it. Google Bill Nighy, Underworld, and tell me that you don't see a similarity! biggrin.png

Definitely. Either that, or zombie Bill Nighy from Shaun of the Dead.

Its those dead, cloudy eyes.

For some reason, he reminds me of Bill Nighy. And while I can't say why exactly, that just fits so well laugh.png

Solid work.

Edit- Ahh, I think I got it. Google Bill Nighy, Underworld, and tell me that you don't see a similarity! biggrin.png

The long nose and thin lips too, I think. Add sunken eye makeup and blamo, Mortarion...apparently :lol:

Solid work.

The long nose and thin lips too, I think. Add sunken eye makeup and blamo, Mortarion...apparently laugh.png

Whereas I can appreciate the similarities, I mainly used photos of holocaust concentration camp inmates, cancer patients and 3d models of muscles of the skull to get to the face.

Sometimes when one paints, themmind fills in the gaps and it turns it into looking like something you did not intend...

Solid work.

The long nose and thin lips too, I think. Add sunken eye makeup and blamo, Mortarion...apparently laugh.png

Whereas I can appreciate the similarities, I mainly used photos of holocaust concentration camp inmates, cancer patients and 3d models of muscles of the skull to get to the face.

Sometimes when one paints, themmind fills in the gaps and it turns it into looking like something you did not intend...

Well that's...um...morbid unsure.png

I'll just keep seeing Slartibartfast if it's all the same to you :lol:

Solid work.

Well that's...um...morbid unsure.png

I'll just keep seeing Slartibartfast if it's all the same to you laugh.png

Absolutely!

Better :)

To say it is the best picture I have seen of any primarch would sound like hyperbole, but right now I can't think of anything that could beat it.

You've balanced so many things so well. He looks sick but not weak with sickness. Instead he has the strength of someone who has endured suffering. He looks troubled and potentially villainous but also potentially a flawed hero.

Love it!

Archived