Dark Angels Battleforce - DA & C:SM value?

Noxnoctis22

After a disappointing lose yesterday with my Raven Guard I feel it's time to press the completion of my first DA army. I'm currently focused on army Deathwing but I can see the benefit of adding some Ravenwing elements to it.

So far this is the DW army I'm working toward

Belial

5x DW Knights

15x DW Terminators

1x LRC

(Assorted upgrades and such through out the models.)

Now my question, is the DA Battleforce worth the purchase? I currently have  the RW Attack Squadron from the DV Box Set, 3 bikes. So this would give me another 6 RW Bikes, 9 total. On top of that I'll get a (RW) Land Speeder and a (RW) Attack Bike. I could either use those in my DA army or add those to my RG army, the flexibility is nice.

Am I on the right track or am I way off basing with my thinking?

If you are planning on more bikes and need a Landspeeder its hard to beat the DA Battleforce Box. You get a lot of good extra bits and icons and its a fairly good price for everything. Two of these and you have pretty much a Ravenwing force set minus one or two small units you may want or need.

If you are also thinking of Raven Guard then I highly recommend getting it. Sounds like you will use all the parts might as well get them if you can.

DoC

If you are planning on more bikes and need a Landspeeder its hard to beat the DA Battleforce Box. You get a lot of good extra bits and icons and its a fairly good price for everything. Two of these and you have pretty much a Ravenwing force set minus one or two small units you may want or need.

If you are also thinking of Raven Guard then I highly recommend getting it. Sounds like you will use all the parts might as well get them if you can.

DoC

I think all I need was one person to post "Yes" and I was sold, haha. 

Something I just thought of too, if I don't want to use the Attack Bike as an Attack Bike I can always use this as a spare bike for an HQ unit!

Ravenwing automatically adds mobility to your Deathwing via non scattering, no perils Deep Strike.  All Deathwing Deep Strike units gain Twin Linked the turn they land.  Using Azrael for 30 points more than Belial makes both the RW and DW troops choices which in 7th ed means "Super Scoring".  Attack Bikes and Speeders are also useful fast heavy firepower.

Go for it.

Ravenwing automatically adds mobility to your Deathwing via non scattering, no perils Deep Strike.  All Deathwing Deep Strike units gain Twin Linked the turn they land.  Using Azrael for 30 points more than Belial makes both the RW and DW troops choices which in 7th ed means "Super Scoring".  Attack Bikes and Speeders are also useful fast heavy firepower.

Go for it.

So now that Company Master with Combi-plasma & Power Sword I got in the DV Box Set will become VERY useful as a stand in for Azrael...Keep the great news coming guys!

And, you can even use the paper insert in the battleforce to turn the speeder into Sableclaw, if you so desire, though using the 'company master' from DV is a bit better bang for your buck (as noted above).

Note that our Bike squads only go to 6, unlike SM who go to 8 bikers + AB.

If you're a stickler for fluff and modelling, the DV sculpts are actually similar to Black Knight bikes but with bolters instead of Plasma Talons.  The sarge on that bike is awesome though.

The DA Battleforce is such a good deal, and you have TONS of leftover bits.

One thing to note: the Land Speeder in the battle force is the old style speeder with the full single piece top, not the newer kit with the divided pieces for the upper hull. It can be a bear to work with sometimes, I recommend rubber bands to tighten the hull down while gluing. You may still need to do a little gap filing afterward, but hopefully the bands would minimize this.

This is a livable downside to what you get in the battle force, with all the extra icons and bits, three sets of three helms, six power swords, six assault cannons and three Typhoon launcher sets, several alternate DA specific torsos, and all the rest.

It's a pretty awesome kit, so hopefully you can enjoy it!

Get some melta Guns and do a magnet job on the arms for the bike squad if you buy 3 from the force org slot then you can put 2 in it there pretty good at outflank sneaky melta and if nothing else it pushes your opponents Mech into the middle

Also I've used a square magnet on the attack bike so I can put a HB on it

Or you can magnet up the spare HB to go on the underside of the speeder (Dual HB's for 60 points) and I've even got the typhoon missiles on magnets so I can swap stuff around and maybe do dual melta or dual Heavy Flamer

Anyways enjoy and magnet magnet magnet

Yeah, that's part of what I need to do today, look into what I need to magnetize for the RWBF. I assembled mostly all 6 bikes and 1 attack bike last night.

I just did the bike itself, no rider and I didn't attached the side-car part of the attack bike to the main bike either. Just love all the extra bits you get with that box!

Anything we can do to help along your plastic crack addiction Nox. Not sure if you've ever used the attack bike before but I love mine. I usually outflank with him and murder some armor pretty much everytime. So if you haven't used it I highly recommend trying one. If you have then obviously you've set your playstyle already. Hope you're happy with the buy.

DoC

Archived