Mawloc's Terror from the Deep

Seahawk

I've had a clubmate say that the Mawloc must be centered on the template when it arrives. I disagree. What do you think?

"If, after removing casualties, it is now possible to place the Mawloc on the table on the spot where the blast marker landed..."

Does that mean it needs to be centered on the center hole of the template? Or can it just be touching?

why would it matter though? dont you have to wait til next turn to use it again? im assuming mawlok is the guy that creates a hole for other reserved units to enter play via?

dont they have to enter play the next turn after mawlok?

so when my drop pod scatters i can place i pod touching the place where is scattered to?

edit: i reread the mawlock entry... here how i see it.

1: "Instead, place the large blast marker directly over the spot the Mawloc is deep striking onto." not here that it says directly over the spot the mawlock is deep striking onto. so it HAS to be centered for the first blast on this spot

2: "If, after removing casualties, it is now possible to place the Mawloc on the table on the spot where the blast marker landed, then do so". Once again refering to the spot where the blast marker landed. just like a barrage weapon you use the center hole for "where it landed"

3: "replace the large blast marker on the spot and resolve another round of damage as detailed above" note here that even if you can place the mawlock anywhere on the blast the 2nd blast marker still is placed in the same spot as the 1st one came from not where the mawlock might slide over to.

following that you mark the spot where the scatter die takes it to, that is now the spot they refer to. place 1st blast directly over the spot. THEN place the mawlock back on the spot. then replace the blast back on the spot. I see no reason for the mawlock to be sliding around, regardless of the wording you pick up the mawlock then replace him back on the board, any movement from that spot unless you are granted the ability to do so is a illegal move.

Archived