Just some Quick Test Figs: Imperial Fists vs Dark Angels

Prot

It took me a few tries to come up with the Imperial Fists recipe. The Dark Angel in the robe is about 90 percent done for comparison. The Tactical Dark Angel was done fairly quickly.

The Imperial Fist is the test, but I don't want to say if I like him, hate him or love him. I'd like to hear what you think.

med_gallery_2760_9530_4055.jpg

gallery_2760_9530_76685.jpg

loving the imperial fist!

but based off of the 2 DA I think that you are leaning towards them the most. just remember no army gets the kind of attention that the fists do at a game!

I feel your pain about getting the yellow down though:

gallery_63665_9628_1264611.jpg

3 recipes to get to the one that I decided on (middle guy)! if you are interested let me know and I will PM you the recipe.

Thank you very much for the responses.

(Great models BattleBrother. Very sharp)

Actually my present army is Dark Angels, so I just have more for comparison. 

I'm very happy with the yellow after my experimentation brought me to that shade, but I lately have been weathering all my models a bit more and more over the years. The IF dude screamed for it as even after 3 washes (of three blends of inks) I felt he needed it.

The funny thing about yellow is I think you can put in a lot of 'invisible work' on the model and people really can't tell a lot of the time (it's true of all brighter colours I believe.)

The Yellow wasn't as easy as I hoped it would be. I seem to get a lot of different responses, but I wonder how many of those are based on people just not liking Yellow on an army? (as I've heard that kind of response a few times.)

I think if I could finish a squad, and move on to a vehicle or two... if I'm not cursing the colour by then, this might actually work. lol

Archived