would it be okay for me to start a painting log here?

aura_enchanted

I see no problems with a painting log here as long as it is Dark Angels as this is the DA forum ;)

There are many great WIP threads here so go for it.

You are bound to get advice if requested or answers to questions you may have...

In fact I am looking forward to seeing them biggrin.png

Absolutely. I was thinking of doing an official one myself, but I have poor focus right now. lol

I find it helps with your motivation, and the encouragement can go a long way to help you keep going when you just don't feel the love anymore.  I strongly recommend it.

Yes, aura_enchanted, you are free to start a Dark Angels thread here containing any DA models you have in various WiP stages from disassembled to almost completed, as well as any already finished models you have. Those types of threads don't need to be linked to any specific event for the board and can contain other material, such as fluff for your units and characters, etc.

One thing I would encourage you (and all the other DA users) to do is read up on the Administratums' statements on using Tags for your thread so that people can find you stuff a little easier, especially if you have a mix of material (fluff, pics, terrain, battle reports, etc).

Also, be clear on exactly what you would like as far as if you want help improving something specific, it can help you get directed assistance, such as "I would really like to put some free-hand icons on my guys, can you make some suggestions, point me to tutorials, etc."

Good luck, looking forward to seeing what you've got,

Hi aura. Yes this is a great place to start a dark angel painting blog. There are multiple painting threads already running ranging from the beginner to the totally impressive. There are several excellent painters who are always ready to offer advice and it's always great to see other peoples ideas for inspiration. We look forward to seeing your minis

For my angels, I'd like too even thought I haven't taken upon myself to perform a vow.

How dare you?  Don't you know we're too good for the likes of you?  

LOL, welcome to the rock!  Don't wander off on your own, or you'll be suspected of spying.

Archived