grand master of other unforgiven successor chapter

HaSY

Usually there is a direct correspondence so an Azrael count as is a GM of other Unforgiven.

AS a side note, I corrected your spelling. The use of  "r" and "u" are agaisnt B&C rules. Text/chat/leet speak can't be used here.

My apologies for spelling errors, fellow masters...

Let's say I bring Dark Angels and Angels of Vengeance with their Supreme Grand Masters... so if I am using Azrael for the Angels of Vengeance, I will have two Azraels, right?

My apologies for spelling errors, fellow masters...

Let's say I bring Dark Angels and Angels of Vengeance with their Supreme Grand Masters... so if I am using Azrael for the Angels of Vengeance, I will have two Azraels, right?

I might be incorrect here, but I believe you're only allowed to take one "Azreal" character's rule set per army. You could take Azreal and a generic Company Master to count as the other.

As far as fluff goes, I've always thought Azreal was the Supreme Grand Master because he held power over all other unforgiven Chapters. So the Angels of Vengeance would just have a Grand Master, not a second Supreme Grand Master.

Again that is just my interpretation of how things work. I don't have any hard rules that come to mind that back what I'm saying, at least not any I can recall off hand.

I'd agree with the above; Unique characters are exactly that. Even though your second Supreme Grand Master wouldn't technically be Azrael, you're still using his profile twice.

I also agree with wheelballer's interpretation of the fluff. I always thought of the Dark Angels' Supreme Grand Master being the one and only (Chesney Hawkes would be proud). The Successors would have a Grand Master of the Chapter, but Azrael has ultimate influence, if not necessarily command, over all of the Unforgiven.

That's why we're constantly being accused of Legion-building whistlingW.gif

Now for me this is where our Codex falls down. Azzy is the SGM for the larger Unforgiven Legion - we have no generic Chapter Master (or named version for that matter) for specific Successor-leading use. In my opinion Azzy is always one rank above any Successor Chapter Masters and as such should be more 'special' and by definition a one-off.

Having another Chapter Master character option would allow one to field both the Legions' leader and individual Successor Chapter leaders without embarrassment.

I'm sure others might disagree with my outlook on this dry.png. In fact I'm sure the DA Codex disagrees with me biggrin.png.

Cheers

I

I've been hoping we get a look at the supreme poo-ba of an Unforgiven Successor Chapter for a while now. It would really be nice to get some more information on SOMEONE other than the DA characters. I have a "believability" issue with the idea that ALL Unforgiven operate exactly the same way.

Which is probably why a lot of us would love to see a supplement for the successors, BB.  See the differences in organization, if any, and then probably get the 'generic' Chapter Master, 1st Company Master, and 2nd Company Master, at the least.

I use the Dark Vengeance company master as my "counts-as Azrael" with a hooded head swap and a different back-banner for Guardians of the Covenant chapter master. (I also don't use a model for the Lion Helm until I can convert a suitably monkish cherub-servitor with something that might emit a powerfield.) I agree with previous posters that Successor Chapter Masters should be different from the DA Grand Master, but we haven't any other choice to get a 4W Chapter Master profile in our army. I'd love a "Secret Heroes of the Unforgiven" supplement to flesh out the commanding masters of the Unforgiven Chapters.

A generic Chapter Master profile would be swell - would also help represent even DA Chapter Masters from ages past. Yes, they are all bequeathed the Lion Helm and Sword of secrets, but I can't believe every Grand Master functioned exactly the same way on every battlefield. Even Belial leaves his Sword behind for a Thunder Hammer or whatnot when the situation calls for it.

Yeah that is why Azrael is the leader of 150 chapters (estimated), Supreme Grand Master... in fact Astelan laughed because the leader of Dark Angels is known as Supreme Grand Master , unheard of even in 10k ago

Hope we have supp for our brothers in arms

Archived