So which curse did Mephiston overcome?

Karthak

Both of which are known to be unreliable at times smile.png

The most recent codex says the following:

For seven days and seven nights Calistarius lay entombed, his fevered mind teetering on the edge of madness and his broken body on the verge of death. Yet Calistarius did not succumb. Through sheer force of will he confronted the uncontrollable rage that burned through his mangled form. With supreme effort Calistarius cast out the Black Rage and in doing so, became something far more than he had been before. At midnight on the seventh day he burst free from his rocky prison, reborn as Mephiston, Lord of Death.

I'm curious as to what extent the inquisition are aware of mephiston's unique phenomenal strengths. Am sure they would have paid him a visit by now.

I don't think it has ever been mentioned, but I imagine the Inquisition is probably ignorant of the whole situation.  Calistarius took a new name when he overcame the Black Rage, and as Mephiston he eventually became Chief Librarian.  Considering how shoddy record keeping is in 40k, an incident of a single marine being unusually strong probably hasn't piqued anyone's interest.  If they knew the particulars of how he came to be so strong they would likely investigate, but I doubt they do.

In all likelihood the inquisition is probably fully aware. Blood Angels and their successors send more troops to the Death Watch than any other legion. Top that off with the new codex saying they work with the grey knights often, who would be able to sense it as it is a psychic affliction and it is almost certain they know. But with how much support they throw behind the inquisition it is likely they do not care. Also, unlike other chapters, engaging the Blood Angels would destabilize an entire segmentum at the very least. Too many chapters owe them favors due to their impressive record. It gets overlooked, but even at the battle for McCragg a company of BA came to assist. Gulliman is after all our second Primarch who saved the legion after the angel fell.

Archived