The one BA-unit you always field?

Kaptejn

So. 

Do you have a unit that is limited to our codex that you ALWAYS field? 

No matter the point limit i for one would never go to war without at least one spriest. At low point games the FnP is priceless :)

Death Company Assault Jump Packs.............minimum 5 Reclusiarch or leme always. Usually a 10 man squad punch them right up the middle (still use cover of course) and send them after something nasty. Expensive? God yes. But man when they hit............ have been known to roll up an entire flank on their own. Also have been known to get shot to pieces and then the rest of the army closes and does what they were designed too, close combat goodness.

I am an oddball I know.....but I often field Sanguinary guard.

I like having a highly mobile unit with strong CC abilities and a 2+ save. Throw in a jump pack priest and they are quite durable.  Also, deep striking them with melta pistols is fun, especially if you bring Dante with them so they don't scatter. Having them be objective secured with Dante in the army is also a nice plus. Typically I throw in a banner for the extra attacks. 

Plus they look pretty awesome on the board!

Hmm good question,

First I was thinking sang priest, then I remembered sometimes I play death company, so I thought dreadnought but realise I sometimes leave him at home because he is not mobile enough. and it's just hit me that mines is a Baal predator. Verity changes but the tank doesn't it's front armour 13, fast, is a good line of sight blocker, can hold objectives, can clear most units off objectives with minimal assistance and can have a go at av 10 Farley well.

Only just figured that out....... Derp

2 x Multi Melta Attack Bikes

The above models - either fielded together or separate - have appeared on every list I have played since joining B&C. Following that, my Predator and Razorbacks get a lot of games, but the first isn't involved in my 1250 DC list and the latter eventually replaced the Rhinos I used in the 5th edition.

Lately its been:

Fragioso x2

Death Company

Stormraven

Vindicator

In.....every.....single....game.

In my meta the Vindi scares the ever living snot out of my opponents and its always the first to die. Really messes them up too when they also have 2 fragioso dreads on their front door.

Right now, my one go to unit is Corbulo. Pretty much take him every game.

And of course, my last game I leave Corbulo home...

D'oh! Did you miss him?

No, I just went with a pure jump pack force for old times sake.

9 death company, with a chaplain/reclusiarch riding around in a land raider. I almost never buy anything for the death company, just let em run with the bolt pistols and chainswords. On the charge that's 45 strength 5, WS5 attacks, re-rolling to hit and to wound plus the attacks from the chaplain/reclusiarch. The only thing I've ever seen stand up to it and still be effective fighting back are ten man TDA units. And even then, the other player has got to be rolling pretty hot on his armour saves.

Archived