sons of horus dreadnought wip help

hi this is my soh dread I have been working on but have become stuck with where to go from here looking for a few ideas from
you guys to help get me going again any help would be grate

20140727 195836

20140727 195850

Hi lon thanks for your reply I am looking to push it on with highlights to the armour plates I will be going over the gold with a mix of the base gold and silver and then a final edge highlight of mithril silver just stuck on the armour plates thanks again for the reply

I would suggest going back over the plates with your main colour to get rid of the wash residue I can see there, then you need to decide whether you want the highlights to really pop and brighten the model or if you want them to be softer and more subdued for a more subtle effect.

For brighter I'd suggest trying a 50:50 mix of your base colour with a brighter green, then a 25:75 in favour of the lighter colour for a final accent. For more subdued mixing with a bone or stone color would give you a lighter colour without making it bright, while not washing the colour out quite as much as using white.

I hope that's the sort of advice you were looking for?

Hi lon thanks for the advice going to give your ideas a go and see how they turn out looking forward to trying it out i think i am going to go the softer highlight way with it thanks for the reply just what i was looking for will post a pic of it when I have done a bit more to it have a great day lon :-)

Always thin your paints brother, though when you're mixing it I doubt it matters if you add the water before you mix the colours or after.

Remember to do a test on the model before trying the whole thing to make sure it looks good. I'm sure you will figure it out, your painting is nice and crisp so I look forward to seeing it complete.

hi lon thanks I am looking forward to painting the contemptor  now I have a plan I am uploading a few pics of my other minis I have done would you be able to have a look at them see if there is anything you would do to them any ideas you would do thanks again have a grate day

20140729 110211

20140729 110222

20140729 110231

20140729 110239

20140729 110245

Archived