who is more dead 'ard? sanguinary guard or deathwing?

durdle-durdle

So i'm considering switching from dark angels to blood angels.  I was curious, what is more dead 'ard?  sanguinary guard or deathwing?  SG have the same armor save, access to FNP everywhere via sanguinary priests, chaplains, and seemingly better damage output, but no invuln saves.  DW on the other hand can get 3++ storm shield saves,5+ invulns base, and can vary up their equipment a bit more from what i can see, but to get FNP, i have to invest 85 points into the banner of fortitude which only works within one foot.  

Really, i'm already sold on blood angels, but i can't decide if i want to keep my deathwing, or if i want to use sanguinary guard (if they're similar).  Kind of seems pointless to keep dark angels stuff for just my deathwing only.

what do you guys think?

I would postpone this decision until after the new codex is out. Who knows what the designers will have done with them.

A Sanguinary Priest that can keep up with the Sanguinary Guard costs at least 75 points. His FNP and FC bubble only has a radius of 6 in. Also a n SP and an SG unit fill two Elites slots, the banner on the Command Squad does not block an additional slot.

While Blood Angels are more likely to arrive on turn 2 from deep strike and scatter less, Deathwing get to deep strike on the 1st turn.

The Sanguinary Guard of course, because you can't beat golden ceramite nipples. Seriously speaking though, which unit is 'better' depends on your army list and playstyle, and what you want the unit to achieve. The Sanguinary Guard have better mobility on the battlefield for example, while the Termies are more resilient and can pack heavy weapons.

I actually have a pretty sizable DA army in addition to my BAs, and I have played both armies for several years. For me it has been a good decision, since I can do Bikes + Termies with my DAs, and close-combat oriented power armour with my BAs. So maybe hold on to your DW Termies, and convert everything else to Blood Angels. smile.png Or like Quixus said, maybe postpone the decision for a little bit.

Archived