Detail help needed

Im in need of a tutorial or advice from you brothers on how to add wear to my Bone armor.(Chips, rust, water run lines and smoke damage) 

Ive seen many turtorials on you tube of armor being worn but none the DW bone armor.

You see im very unsure on what colours to use to get the correct effect.

Any help would be fantastic because my minis just look to shiny new looking.

Many thanks

I just drybrush in a specific way my terminators/bone-armoured minis, so it already gives a gritty and dirty look. 

Then, you could use those new Citadel paints like Typhus Corrosion. It's very nice on my Deathwing Contemptor, so I would assume it looks good on terminators. 

I would imagine that chips would work similar to the videos you have seen.  Either a Vallejo Ivory sploch with Boltgun over that or a black splotch with the botgun...  The underlaying (broken edge) of the final color will either be lighter or darker than the base paint.

add tin bitz and any environmental colors as needed.  (mine are on desert bases, Typhus Corrosion wont work well...)

Very careful use of a sponge or very coarse brushes, remember that if something is worn it's going to be lighter (from being faded) or chipped so that the undercoat would show throguh.  So for bone you wouldn't be all that different from any other color.  I'd lean towards using any of the metallic paints carefully.  Here's a reference from Ironman.  If you think about the environment Terminators are in, they would be getting scraped and clawed at in close quarters, or suffering small arms fire/flames so you'd see scorching or denting.  Those are things that would be scraping paint off of the suits.

Archived