Ashilla Sorsollun, et cetera. A Night Lords Project.

Hellath

The third Atramentar for my Tartaros squad is almost done. I will try to take better pictures during the weekend. Still looking overly orange for some reason... 

Hope you like them!

Tartaros

Looking nice. Have you tried taking pictures outside in natural daylight?

My wife calls my Tartaros terminators cute "like little walking egg-cups" Grrrr!!

Yours are not cute, they look great, really like the weathering

They are looking awesome, hellath! Gosh, I love terminators.

As for the pics, what type of camera are you using? Your shots look vert clear, just seems like we need to play with the white balance some. Two ways to do that. Most modern digital cameras have an inbuilt white balance feature in the menu options, or there are several free "photoshop lite" style programs/apps online that can do a decent job for you.

Thanks for your comments! 

Looking nice. Have you tried taking pictures outside in natural daylight?

My wife calls my Tartaros terminators cute "like little walking egg-cups" Grrrr!!

Yours are not cute, they look great, really like the weathering

Thanks. If I ever get to paint "cute" Night Lords, I would be doing it wrong! :D. I was a bit afraid of going too far with the battle damage, but I am really liking that look.
As for the pictures, taking them outside is not an option I am afraid. Long story short, I currently live in one of Madrid's rougher neighborhoods, I don't have anything like a private garden, and taking your toy soldiers to streets filled with people better to be avoided at the best of times is not a good idea.
However, I have done a quick experiment with my latest mini (a test for the MKII Tactical Squad) in another area of the house, early in the morning, and I see some potential. it's just a snapshot, so still doesn't look great and definitely need to get a better view of the face (I am a little fond of that).

MKII Tactical Sargent

Cheers.

I really shouldn't make a joke about your playing Night Lords and living in proto-Nostramo...

but! on the upside, he's looking pretty good so far. MK2 plate always looks interesting in our legion. I would make his skin a tad paler, but other than that, aces!

Yes. It also crossed my mind that it would sound as I am actually living in Nostramo, but the truth is I "only" hear gunfire from my bedroom like 4-5 times per year (Still scary). 

As for the skin tone, I am afraid it's the picture again, as the actual skin tone is almost purely white! (shaded with a thin purple and brown glazes). I definitely need to follow your advice on white-balancing and knowing my way around a camera. 

And yes, I am really enjoying MK2. I think I will give my Tactical Marines MKII and MKIII armour, and leave MKIV for the assault squads. 

I am glad you are liking them Flint13!

I will admit I tend to avoid MK2 past the first 5 or 6 tactical marines I built, since it has *so* many little rivets and plates to paint. MK3 I just bit the bullet on, since it is so amazing. I much prefer the smooth lines of MK4 and 6, and they have plenty of open spaces for lightning and other doodles.

http://www.wikihow.com/Adjust-Your-Digital-Camera's-White-Balance

Here is a small article that helped me when I was playing around with white balance initially. It's a little simple (since it isn't for a specific model camera), but has a few good tips.

• 1 month later...

Brothers, sisters, 

Sorry for the lack of updates. Workload and videogames are the reason I didn't get much progress with the army, and that progress I achieved went unrecorded for this blog. My apologies. 

However, I have taken a couple of pictures of the army so far.

Terminator squads 2

Terminator squads

As you can see, it is nothing else than a small Terminator force, and one squad is understrength anyway (the Tartaros will ultimately be a 9 man squad, to serve as Sevatar's retinue) 

I am currently working on an assault squad, and then I will work on tactical squads. Of course, the release of Sevatar and Lord Curze's minis will interfere with any painting schedule planned.

Comments, advice and critizism is always welcome. 

Thanks!

Archived