Digital codex update

katarn

Just picked up my iPad and there is an update as of the 24th July. Does any one know of specifics that have changed as it just says "update for new edition of warhammer 40,00"

My internet is crap so will take me an age to download.

Katarn

Not sure - mine says its up to date.  I have just checked my 1 favorite entry and it still reads:

Elites > Deathwing Terminator Squad > Options:  Any model can replace all his weapons with: LC's, or TH/SS ... but does the FAQ  from May still superceed this ... ? 

Mine doesnet say that and never has it says replace power fist and storm bolter. If you check the book store it will show updates

Do you have the interactive version or ebook

I've not followed the other armies codex, but do they have the same problem with their original codex, their limited edition codex, their ipad codex, their ebook codex and whatever other codex might be out there all disagreeing on what's correct while all simultaneously being up to date? I'm fine with the dark angels being what we've been since our inception, i knew it since i chose the army, but it's still quite frustrating. Has there been a definitive answer for which version is the official?

I've not followed the other armies codex, but do they have the same problem with their original codex, their limited edition codex, their ipad codex, their ebook codex and whatever other codex might be out there all disagreeing on what's correct while all simultaneously being up to date? I'm fine with the dark angels being what we've been since our inception, i knew it since i chose the army, but it's still quite frustrating. Has there been a definitive answer for which version is the official?

We've debated the issues with the codex before here is our approach. Or rather the approach lucifer and many others here use (I think).

1 digi codex/ebook: your pfg doesn't work right but sgts in dw can take th/ss, pf, or lc

2. Hardcopy: your pfg works inside vehicles but your dw sgts are stuck with theit default weapons

3. If you own both be sure to start clearly which codex rules you are using and stick with them.

4. (my rule) if they disagree with your rules interpretation consult the dice gods.

Ok, so my interactive codex did indeed have an update...

So, PFG Now only effects units in the transport, otherwise no change.

Lions roar and lions wrath now have the one shot rule added

DW sgts cannot change their wargear (booooooo, of all the rules this is the worst decision...IMO)

Looks like the FAQ from May is now rolled into this update. I'll edit the post as I discover more updates...

Hope that helps

strange the digital update i just got said dwt sgt can take anything by stipulating that any model may change their wargear, also added is notation about daemonology in the notes for psyker entries.

Hey Poly, is yours the ebook or interactive one? Mines the interactive one and now looks like the codex: marine one with blue text for all the special rules sections. Mine also states that Ezikiel can now select demonology, divination, pyromancy, telekinesis and telepathy with links to all the powers etc.

I'm afraid not poly the wording is the same as the FAQ. Mine has been like this for a long time, even before this update. Maybe a lot of people haven't do the update before this one back in April 2013

http://i1240.photobucket.com/albums/gg495/richardpink1/Mobile%20Uploads/FFB17B2E-0167-4E3C-B045-5500AFBBA180_zpswoxdqbpm.jpg

Sorry for the massive pic.

And be happy not to play with the French version... They have made a typo allowing the tech to get only chapter relics and NO SPECIAL ITEMS...

On the other hand, our version of LR are better than yours regarding DW vehicle access... :P

And they release the local FAQ WITHOUT CORRECTING THE LOCAL TYPO.... How great is that? <_<

I love GW but it's like our family : we love them but sometimes they have luck we love them or we already had hit them against a wall...

Yeah mine now looks like Katarns posted pic after yesterdays update.  Previously all the Blue wording was Black and I had the old wording for PFG and DWT Sgts ... the dream was sweet whilst it lasted!!! 

Archived