Dark Angels and HH Novels

moOokito

Hello guys.

I am considering to read the books of the Dark Angels in english because they are not translated to my own language (spanish).

So I have a question for all of you that already read the novels of our army. Do you think that they are hard to read to a non-english guy like me? I mean, I will found plenty of difficulties to read the books? or they use a common language and words in them.

And how about the Horus Heresy ones? the last book translated that I have I think is betrayer o angel exterminatus, and they are translated by fans of the saga because the editorial in spain that was translating them just stopped to do. Even the next books will be translated too by the fans, do you think that the rest of the HH novels after angel exterminatus are hard to read as well¿?

Thanks all.

PD: Sorry for my english :P

The Horus Heresy books are a little more refined than the non-HH books (Angels of Darkness/Purging of kaddilus/Ravenwing).  Those books I find to be actually rather simple in their choice of language.

Both I think should be manageable for you and would be a great exercise for you to continue to learn english.

Hello again. Thanks for the repply.

Then I think I am going to keep reading the HH series that I have in spanish untill I go home. If I get bored, I can start to read one of the Dark Angels novels in english and grab a dictionary if I dont understand any words in the book.

I also think that i should read the non-heresy books of our beloved legion before I start reading the HH books in english. This way would be easier to understand them.

Once again, thanks for the replly.

The HH books and short stories featuring the DA are for the most part easy to read in English.  The hardest one would be Unremembered Empire, even if it is about the smurfs, the DA play a big part in the story.  The reason it would be hard is the writing style and the discriptions.

Just make sure to read Vulkan Lives before it.

Well, unremembered empire is the XXVII book and Vulkan Lives the XXVI one.

Is there any reason to read vulkan lives before? or just because it is the step before.

Thanks again.

I would be a good idea to read Vulkan Lives before Unremembered Empire, the two stories tie together.

Archived