Greetings!

Flam

Hello brothers!

I have been reading these forums for about a year now and finally mustered up the courage to join!  

I started collecting the models since 2nd edition first came out and then I lost interest in GW sometime after 3rd edition.  Actually I remember  playing the DOS game Space Crusade before starting the hobby.  I never really got around to playing the board game until one of my friends gave me their 4th ed codex, while I was in the midst of getting rid of my models (I gave away a metal landspeeder and las/ml dreadnought and now I totally regret it).   This was about a few months before the 6th ed came out and I had gotten a few games in.  After playing those games against my friends who had fully painted armies, I decided to pick up the brush and start painting again and low and behold, I am back in the hobby.

I joined the Dark Angels for the Deathwing and that reason alone.  Just something about the colour scheme that was really appealing back then and I don't regret that decision.  But, I have learned the hard way that Dark Angels are not easy to win with.  My main opponents being seasoned 40k veterans using Orks, Necrons and Blood Angels, it was very difficult for me to win (especially with my dice rolls).  Also, being a war game, it is hard to give up destroying every enemy off the board to go pick up that objective.  At the end of 6th ed, I found a greenwing gun line list that was competitive against my friends and... 7th ed is released.  My first 7th ed game is next week and I have noticed, mobility is power.  Also, my friends and I are starting a campaign in a few weeks, so I beseech my fellow brethren for their wisdom!

Nice to meet everybody!

Here is what I have painted (badly) so far.
I just took it quickly with my phone, so quality is pretty low.

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i18/Ryobu/c753897e-2622-4a67-aeed-27c97df769ec_zps2327fabe.jpg

HQ

Azrael

Ezekiel 

Asmodai

Sammael on Corvex

Interrogator-Chaplain

Librarian w/ Force Staff x2

No Category

Techmarine

Command Squad w/ Standard, Apothecary, 

Legion of the Damned w/Multimelta, Plasma gun, Plasma Pistol and Relic of the Damned

Elites

Mark V Mortis Dreadnoughts x3 (Double Twinlinked Las Cannons x2, 1 Double Twinlinked Autocannon)

Company Veterans Squad w/ Plasma Gun x2, Plasma Pistol, Powerfist

Deathwing Terminators (Assault Cannon, Cyclone Missile Launcher, Chainfist x2, Thunder Hammer Storm Shield x2, Lightning Claws, Power Sword.

Troops

Tactical Squad x2 (Meltagun, CombiMelta, Flamer, CombiFlamer)

Scout Squad x3 (Sniper Rifle x7, Shotgun x3, Bolter x4, CCW x2, Missile Launcher, Heavy Bolter

Fast Attack

Ravenwing Attack Squad w/ Attack Bike (Heavy Bolter)

Heavy Support

Devastator Squad x4 (Missile Launcher x7, Heavy Bolter x4, Plasma Cannon x3, Lascannon x2)

Vehicles

Landraider Redeemer

Droppod

Also, a Vindicare Assassin decided to tag along.

And a never ending amount to paint...

Archived