Black Knights and Telekinesis

L30n1d4s

Black Knights have been one of my favorite 40 K units for a while now and I also am a fan of the new (7th edition) Telekinesis discipline, well at least part of it.

With the new rules, Telekinesis now gives you the chance to have Levitation, Force Dome, Objuration Mechanicus, and Psychic Maelstrom, in addition to Crush, Assail, and Shockwave, which are situational/mediocre abilities.

How does this relate to Black Knights? Well, if you take a Biker Librarian with Telekinesis and he gets any of those first 4 abilities I mentioned, you can genuinely enhance BK's already superior abilities.... between Scout, 12" move, and 12" Levitation move, the BKs can displace 36" by turn 1, giving their Plasma Talons an effective Rapid Fire threat range of 45".... that is something most opponents will not expect and it can allow you to completely redeploy and still shoot.

Using Force Dome, you can give the BKs and several allied units (multiple Vindicators anyone?) a 5++, increasing their survivability against AP2/3 shooting and also making your opponent have target priority issues.

Objuration Mechanicus can make units that threaten BKs with a high volume of fire (Plasma Command Squads, Fire Warriors with Ethereal support, massed Termagaunts, mass Dire Avengers, IG Blob squads, Grav Cannon Centurions, etc) very vulnerable to overheating themselves to death.

Finally, using Pyschic Maelstrom, while tough (due to requiring 3 Warp Charges to manifest) with Black Knights can be a game changer... first, use the Rad Grenades from a RW GL to reduce your target's T by -1... if this is a T6 MC, save Hive Tyrant with Tyrant Guard, then they all become T5... next, if you can successfully cast Psychic Maelstrom and hit, its S10 AP1 Large Blast will cause ID to all but the toughest of targets (i.e. those TMCs, now T5, get instant gibbed if they suffer a single wound)... follow this up with rapid firing Plasma Talons and you should be able to clean up almost any unit, even including Rip Tides, Wraith Knights, Canifex Broods, and MegaNobz.

Archived