What are the Company Veterans' Right Shoulder Pad Markings?

SlickSamos

Hi all,

I guess this is really straight forward if you know the answer, but I don't...

What are the Company Veterans' Right Shoulder Pad Markings?

Are they the same a Tactical Squads?  Alternatively do they have personalised heraldry on them?  The good old Crux Terminatus?  The Chapter symbol again?  The White Sword?  etc...  

Thanks in advance!

Slick Samos

Great!  Thanks for the fast response Ferocious Beast!  I had thought that the Crux would not appear as they aren't first Company but the search results were returning with them so I got confused :P

This is ideal for me as it means that I can turn some of my Dark Vengeance Tactical Marines into Company Veterans with Combi-Meltas!

Thanks again,

Slick Samos

so far i have left my vets with a empty right shoulder pad. i will possibly mark them with a mix of squad markings as FB indicated (tatical for basic weapons, devastators for any heavy or assault for cc equiped vets). and yeah, the crux does not really belong there, but i am tempted to put one or two in but subtle (small medalion or some such thing) to hint at a "infiltrated" 1st company member msn-wink.gif .

I put the flash plastic moulded pads on the right side to denote the Vets personal heraldry and to show his flexibility in the organisation. I put the DA symbol on the left; they are still part of the Chapter after all (DW and termies from other Chapters are the obvious exception to the left/right rules).

:D

stobz

I use the crux terminatus on my veterans for two reasons. One, i love sternguard/vanguard veterans, so i have tons of spare shoulders lying about. Second, the red winged sword with a broken blade symbolizes membership in the deathwing as much as the crux. As not all space marine veterans will be trusted with joining the inner circle, something has to be done to grant recognition to those members who serve faithfully, yet are ultimately considered unsuitable for learning of the DA's secret. So I treat it as veterans receive the crux, though not necessarily assignment to the 1st company ( sorry brother bob, we're full, but here's your merit badge! ), and the broken sword symbolizes true membership in the Deathwing.

This is all rationalization for me liking my veterans with a crux, and preferring molded shoulder pads to unadorned shoulders.

Archived