Nurgle (HoR) Kill Team warband - still having Hobby-ADD

GuitaRasmus

Back to Kill Team! I've been taking a break from 40k, the hobby in general, and refurnishing my apartment, but I'm starting to get the itch again. smile.png

I'm starting a Kill Team campaign in my local gaming club, Emperors Pride, and being the mad modeller I am (or just an idiot, your call), I couldn't just finish my Inquisitor Warband. I had to start a new one. I decided on my old love, Nurgle Chaos Marines. I couldn't just use models from my (fully painted) Death Guard army either. No, I had to do another truescale project.

So anyway, I went to work, and have churned these out over the past few days. The Plague Marines are the only ones that are completely ready for paint, the other ones need a lot of greenstuffing and detailing, but I wanted to show them off. Unfortunately, I forgot to take a comparison pic, but the Plague Marines (based on GK terminator legs) really tower over a regular space marine, and completely dwarfs a cultist).

Plague Marines:

pm1.jpg

pm2.jpg

pm3.jpg

Terminator Champion with heavy flamer and lightning claw:

champ1.jpg

Cultist with heavy stubber (There will be 5 with autoguns and a heavy stubber, and 5 assaulty ones)

cult1.jpg

Raptor with flamer (actually a refurbished old project, found while roaming my bits box)

raptor1.jpg

Spawn:

spawn1.jpg

As always, please leave a comment - I love getting feedback and critique. smile.png

That raptor is absoultley brilliant, in a creppy skeletal way. Which is good seeing as it's nurgle.

How tall is the terminator lord compared to a standard marine? Because from where I'm standing (metaphoricaly) he looks huge!

Looking great as always. I'm really digging the spawn and the plasma gunner. I'm not sure about the raptor, maybe I'll change my mind when he is painted - perhaps it's just too deviant from the idea I had if I were to make a few raptors.

What killteam rules are you using? EDIT: HE IS HERALDS OF RUIN AS PER INQUISITOR THREAD

I have been having a blast with 'killzone' from galaxy in flames, have you tried it / is it comparable?

Really regretting not true scaling my own plagues now, can it be done when using character models like the dark vengeance chosen?

That raptor is absoultley brilliant, in a creppy skeletal way. Which is good seeing as it's nurgle.

How tall is the terminator lord compared to a standard marine? Because from where I'm standing (metaphoricaly) he looks huge!

Thanks!

He IS huge. I took a crappy iPhone pic, just to get an idea of the scale. The comparison marine is one of the new Sternguards. They grow 'em big out here! msn-wink.gif

size.jpg

looking really good

I think my favorite is the spawn (being the most original one too) followed (closely) by the raptor

Congrats on scaling them up.

It really makes a "big" difference smile.png

I think the heavy could benefit from larger shoulders. He looks a little constrained in that department compared to the others SM smile.png

My least favorite would be the cultist. Come on Rasmus, it's a too easy conversion for such a talented modeler. You can do more complicated than that biggrin.png

especially compared to scale up CSM and original minis like the raptor.

Always refreshing and inspiring to see your work!!

Fantastic. Heavy stubber dude is a really great take on the whfb Nurgle champion (a mini I really should get) and I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of the cultists. I love those plaguemarines. They're perfect; great use of the forgeworld parts, superb poses, really nice accretion of kitbash components. They're also huge, blimey.

Thanks a lot, guys. :)

What's your recipe for getting them so big?

Your stuffs amazing btw.

A bit of work but not too involved;

I use the GK terminator legs, (scraped off details, and filled out the scripture with green stuff), added about 2-3 mm of waist, and used Terminator shoulder pads, as well as arms. Otherwise the arms look way too small.

So I suppose I'll be 'that guy' and ask, exactly how did you get a Chaos Marine with a Plasma Cannon? biggrin.png

Are you using Space Marine Codex or something? Or are you just going 'rule of cool' with all this?

sick.gifwallbash.gifeek.gifdrool.gif Everything you do makes me think of something new.

Small critique though, the waist on the termi looks a little thin, unless he is intended to look wasted away (pun intended).

Thanks - It's great to inspire people. He will get bulked up a bit, with tubes and such, but I was actually going for less bloated, more wasted.

So I suppose I'll be 'that guy' and ask, exactly how did you get a Chaos Marine with a Plasma Cannon? biggrin.png

Are you using Space Marine Codex or something? Or are you just going 'rule of cool' with all this?

Nope, it's just a plasma gun, but the regular plasma gun looked ridicoulous on a true scaled marine, so I went by the rule of cool. smile.png

Amazing as always. Frustratingly awesome smile.png

Thanks! I aim to frustrate. msn-wink.gif

I was struck by inspiration (or madness) and decided to actually get some paint on the Nurgle Kill Team, and I'm determined to actually finish these - which is usually the bane of my projects, the paint part. I'm terrible undisciplined when it comes to finishing the whole project, paintwise - but not this time!!

After trying out a bunch of greenish/brownish colour schemes, and not being completely happy with the result, I ended up using the colour scheme from my Death Guard army - it looks like they should in the fluff, and I think it's much easier dirtying up white, than trying to make dirty green not look like a blob of filth on the tabletop.

I used a heavily modified version of my army paint scheme, based on a bleached bone basecoat, zenith highlighted white, washed with thinned brown, and going completely ape:cuss with weathering, rust and grime. I like it so far. smile.png

pm1.jpg

pm2.jpg

pm3.jpg

pm4.jpg

pm5.jpg

raptor1.jpg

raptor2.jpg

I went for a very Blanchitsuish vibe, very grim dark - what do you think?

Archived