Nurgle (HoR) Kill Team warband - still having Hobby-ADD

GuitaRasmus

The Nurgle Kill Team looks fantastic so far. I love the pale greenish skin tone on your cultists. You said that you used washes over a white primer. I've tried this with Games-Workshop's washes, but it doesn't get the same resolute. What is your secret? What colour du you use?

Looking forwards to see how you paint the spawn. 

The Nurgle Kill Team looks fantastic so far. I love the pale greenish skin tone on your cultists. You said that you used washes over a white primer. I've tried this with Games-Workshop's washes, but it doesn't get the same resolute. What is your secret? What colour du you use?

Looking forwards to see how you paint the spawn.

No trickery - I just use GW, AP and Vallejo washes. Here's the recipe, if you want to try it out - not quite 30 steps, but enough that I had to write it down not to forget it. ;)

1) Prime white

2) Wash whole model (except flesh and hood) in Nuln Oil

3) Wash green parts Waaargh flesh ( thinned)

4) Wash brown parts Agrax

5) Wash brown parts thinned Steel Legion

6) Wash hood with 50/50 thinned Army Painter Strong Tone

7) Wash black parts 50/50 thinned Vallejo Air Black

8) Drybrush green parts Elysian Green

9) Give the whole model an EXTREMELY light drybrush of pure white (edge highlighting)

10) Wash black parts Nuln Oil

11) Wash brown parts Agrax

12) Wash metal 50/50 thinned chainmail

13) Wash metal Agrax

14) Wash metal Nuln Oil

15) Paint flesh Pallid Wych Flesh

16) Wash with 40/40/20 mix of Sepia/Ogryn Flesh/Biel Tan green

17) Paint recesses of skin with Ogryn Flesh wash

18) Drybrush skin extremely light pure white

19) Wash Green parts with a 50/50 mix of Ogryn Flesh/Agrax Earthshade.

20) Using a sponge, dabble on small patches of Agrax and Nuln oil on clothes, etc. to make them look dirty.

21) Glowing eyes painted with Billious Green (Ancient paint pot), highlighted to almost pure white.

Rust: Model Mates Rust Effect (amazing product - made from real rust).

Blood: Tamiya Clear Red, with a small amount of black.

That's about it. :)

I've decided to add a couple of Plaguebearers to my Kill Team, to replace one of the units of cultists - mostly because cultists are very cheap and good in this format, and because I wanted to turn down the power level a bit.

However, after having a long hard look at the standard plastic plaguebearers, I decided that they were too goofy, small and non-threatening for my little Kill Team, so I went to my local GW, looked at the shelves, and let my imagination fly. I ended up bringing home a box of crypt horrors, which I've spent most of last night cutting up and throwing green stuff onto. They're still WIP, I need to think about what to do with the swords, perhaps some intestines hanging from their bellies, and maybe a single eye - I am, however, very partial to the idea of blind daemons.

Anyway, here the two guys are:

pb1.jpg

pb2.jpg

pb3.jpg

I also wanted to show you guys the NPC monster for the next mission in our Kill Team campaign - the Tunnel Dweller.

td1.jpg

td2.jpg

I think i'm going to have to invent new words to describe my amazement at your modelling and painting talent, AWESOME, spectacular, astonishing just are not strong enough to describe the pure epicness of these guys!

I will be following this the same way I follow vulnerable games workshop employees with the hope of beating them unconscious and stealing the keys to their store!   

Thank you for the great reply of how you paint your models. I'm looking forwards to try it out on some Nurgle models myself. The Tunnel Dweller looks amazing! Not sure about the green grass on is base though. It would look even creepier if the base had a more dead feel to it. Maybe some brown/dead grass, or just rocks.

The Blind Daemons look interesting. Keep up the good work! 

Archived