do rad grenades effect instant death levels

ZONKEY

Yes they do and iirc it says so in the Codex along side the entry for them (could have imagined that though)

EDIT: Just looked and it does indeed state next to the codex entry for Rad nades: (this can affect the victims' Instant Death threshold)

Always worth reading through first smile.png

Do they take effect immediately?  ie, if I fire my rad shell from 1 bike in a squad, score a hit, then fire off 6 TL plasmas from the rest of the squad into a T4 unit do the plasma shots cause ID?

Yeah it is applied as soon as you land the hit.  There was some confusion at times in 6th edition when all weapons were fired simultaneously whether or not to-roll wounds had the rad applied after or not, but with 7th and the sequential shooting this has changed.

Also note that as long as you hit one, the effect is applied to the entire squad not just the model hit.

I will, until time stops, sing the praises of the Ravenwing Black Knights (even though they should be 4 points cheaper)

I haven't seen the table in over a year as my job has me in a new city where the local gaming crowd and I do not click.  In my imagination the Black knights are worth every point.  TL plasma on a highly mobile T5 unit with good armor save and a jink if they need it is just soooooo good from a strictly mathhammer point of view.  TL plasma bikes were what convinced me to go Dark Angels and Ravenwing in the first place.  I think their CC performance and skilled rider push them up to being worth 42 points.  A veteran with a plasma gun is 33 points.  That means we are essentially paying 9 extra points for a bike, skilled rider, a better CC weapon, option for Rad, hit & run, scout and twin-linking the plasma. That is a steal in my book!

Black knights could probably go down by at least 3 points since the changes to jink dramatically reduced their survivability. However, pound for pound, they're still among the best units in the game. There isn't much they can't kill and they're better than genestealers against everything that isn't a genestealer.

• 2 weeks later...
Ork nobs too, loved my opponents face when i popped open bis battlewagon with some fire support, then shot them with the rad grenade, shot then with plasma talons, then assaulted with the knights, interrogator chaplain and wipe them down to the last man/ork

Archived