Hypothetical DA Supplement for 7th Edition Wants

TheForgottenAngel

When gw redoes our codex to be more like the later revisions the da book will lose its ability to make bikes or terminators troops and require the supplement. It will have formations and custom foc's for the two respective armies.

Azreal will be no longerbe able to make bikers or terminators without the book either but this may lead to the biker azreal and a terminator azreal which would be nice.

Sammael would gain a proper model for sabeleye (or however his speeder is pronounced) he might get a formation for speeders if he uses it.

Warlord traits probably wouldn't happen. Our current list checks all the boxes well enough that gaining any more wing specific bonuses would be weird.

Also I imagine they will be re-writing the sacred banners unless you buy a supplement and by that I mean there will be two. One for deathwing and the other for ravenwing.

However this could open the door for sapphon to come in as a clamshell and make veterans troops or for us to get some of the vanilla sm units like vets vanguard which would be moot.

If Sanctus Reach does well over its entire arc then I wouldn't mind seeing Storm of Vengeance redone in the same way. The Battle of Piscina would allow for a few resculpts and a few characters of history in lesser marks of armor (PA Belial and Grazkull without the heavy armor). It would allow an Astra Militarium supplement for PDF or perhaps a Piscina defense supplement that would allow DA and AM to be fielded side by side. Trouble is the orks get featured again. Another cinematic battle of old was the Tyranid invasion of Ishtar IV (I think that is right). It was the I think the first global campaign that GW ever did and it coincided with the original release of the Tyranids as an army. While the DA were not prominent in the fight against Hive Fleet Behemoth, it would allow for another adversary to get some additional treatment. As it was the First Hive fleet, there can be some older resculpts of Tyranids that hadn't evolved yet. This could also see the Plains World Incident to be played out with Genestealer Patriachs (instead of a brood lord, it would be a cross of Genestealer with a Zoanthrope so that it's mind is more powerful to act as a Hive Node but still be able to fight in close combat), Hybrid cults and an enslaved populace (mind-linked IG cannon fodder).

Yeah, I am of the mindset that if they redo the Dark Angels Codex it will be straight Greenwing with the Deathwing and Ravenwing being supplements. I would love to see an Ironwing Apoc formation or perhaps an Ironwing supplement similar to the spearhead supplement from the WD old-new era.

None of the Successors seem to have a lot of traction with GW but I would love a supplement on perhaps Disciples of Caliban, Consecrators, or Guardians of the Covenant since they seem a larger departure than the older 2nd Foundings. Unless the Angels of Vigilance will rise to become an official DA successor with a book where they are as tight-lipped to the DA as they are with everyone else for they keep a vigil over a dark secret, more secret than a Blackstone fortress.

We have a few characters without sculpts or can do with a resculpt. Azrael, Sapphon, and Bethor but I could do with another Naaman mini as well.

A wild supplement would be a Fallen Dark Angel supplement that would allow some FW 30k marines to fight in 40k or perhaps be the reincarnation of the Lost and the Damned list that had CSM and IG together.

I think that is enough dreaming for now.

Yeah, I am of the mindset that if they redo the Dark Angels Codex it will be straight Greenwing with the Deathwing and Ravenwing being supplements.

yes, give gw more ideas on how to try and milk even more money.

good thing my only contact with 40k (or gw in general) for the past 2 years or so has been the B&C events like the ETL.

Heheh, as heretical as it is, i've been secretly hoping they fold us into the BA codex and release it as "Angels of Death". I feel like a supplement at this point is too little, too late to modify our playstyle to a meaningful degree, or would change it so drastically that the only DA armies we saw were using the supplementary rules. I would be happy with a complete and grammatically clear faq. Maybe one that adds the option for chapter masters with bike/terminator shenanigans.

If they did release a supplement, all i would require from it for me to declare it good would be give our apothecaries bolt pistols. Out of all the units within C:SM, thats the only one i want. Apothecaries with bolt pistols.

Yeah, I am of the mindset that if they redo the Dark Angels Codex it will be straight Greenwing with the Deathwing and Ravenwing being supplements.

yes, give gw more ideas on how to try and milk even more money.

good thing my only contact with 40k (or gw in general) for the past 2 years or so has been the B&C events like the ETL.

I still haven't bought the latest rule set and I may not ever. GW has also managed to get me to stop buying supplements and codicies (for the fluff) because they come out so fast that my wallet can't keep up. I have even dreamed up my own rule set called simplex 40k in an effort to simplify and streamline 40k. So if it ain't DA, GW is not getting my money anymore. From my point of view, that is a loss for GW and a boon for X-wing.

I still haven't bought the latest rule set and I may not ever. GW has also managed to get me to stop buying supplements and codicies (for the fluff) because they come out so fast that my wallet can't keep up. I have even dreamed up my own rule set called simplex 40k in an effort to simplify and streamline 40k. So if it ain't DA, GW is not getting my money anymore. From my point of view, that is a loss for GW and a boon for X-wing.

pretty much the same here, but my money was diverted to dropzone commander cool.png

apart from the ocasional paints and sprays (i have a over full battle company plus around 90 terminators and a bunch of ravenwing), my last aquisitions were 6th ed rulebook and codex DA, 2 black knights boxes and a few deathwing boxes. i have a iron warriors army and i did not even buy their codex let alone models. i started 40k in the very early 3rd and up until mid 5th i used to buy all codex books as well, for colection and the fluff, but gw got so out of hand that i just cut loose.

back on topic, i can see some use to suplements if done for something radically diferent from the codex, but ravenwing and deathwing? sorry no. that belongs in the codex

What I can see is campaign box, or supplement about Great Hunt. However there aren't really that famous unforgiven chapters. Its sad but none of the child chapters of the Unforgiven is known well or hardly has any real fluff done. There simply is not enough material unless you build Crimson Slaughter style, completely new chapter and give it own Supplement.

When GW will redo DA codex compliant to the 7th edition i guess we will have Azrael as LoW, dedicated FOC for RW and DW only armies (with Belial and Sammael no more shifting RW and DW to troops maybe with only Azrael doing this) probably a spoecial formation for the RW and/or DW or maybe a formation for the GW...

Probably DA wont get a supplement at all... GW during the 22 years that i play 40K has shown that they have few ideas for the DA and the ones they made are crap... I guess they will make mainly a work of copy and paste of the 6th codex to the 7th one with always the same issues (LSV = crap, flyers = almost crap, BoC = useless, most units overcosted, no access to the SM AA tanks, and so on)...

So I dont hold my breath...

We get 7th editiojn compliant codex when game is in its 8th or 9th edition... LOL ;) Sons of Lions have been alsmost every time been test subjects for the Vanilla marines...

This may be heretical, but I actually hope the Dark Angels get absorbed into Codex: Space Marines with our two Force Org bending Company Masters in the codex entry and the others and our Knight units in a supplement. Let someone else be the trial run for Codex: Space Marines.

Really, the big issue is that the boys in green have very little to make them stand out to the Codex Marines and the two special companies.

If there should be a new codex, then I would try to bring something to the brothers is green armor.

My suggestion back several editions was to give the whole army a +1 WS and BS. Originally this was because the Lion could win every battle but still lose the war. This was obfuscated with all the HH novels.

The leaked sketches also had a few ideas. Among those was a executioner and another elite scout. These ideas could be resurrected into the Company Veterans and perhaps a unique scout squad.

Archived