Codex Inquisition as Allies - 7th

Jolemai

Rather than post this in the Grey Knights sub-forum, I am posting this here as I'm eager to hear how each of us are using C:I in the new edition as allies to our forces.

• Are you taking one or two Inquisitors?
  • Are you using the named characters?
  • Are you using Inquisitors as mana batteries (and if so, are you taking henchmen for additional warp charges)?
  • Anyone bothering with the Conversion Beamer build?
  • Are you still using Servo Skulls/are they still worth taking?
  • Is it all about Rad Grenades?

Lets try and get some discussion going about what's best these days.

I am building a list using them right now actually.   Since servo skulls are pure win (and they are, dont let anyone tell you different!), I was curious what people are using to represent them on the table.

The codex states that they are not models, they are tokens.   This to me infers that an infantry base with a pic or something to show a skull on it would be sufficient (if a little less than creative)?

I used a small group of Xenos Inquisitor with two death cult assassins and a priest (and 2 servo skulls) along with Valkyrie dedicated transport to great effect in a game recently. First time I have used it so can't say much beyond that experience... 

The rad grenades did an awesome job. I play Blood Angels and combining the Inquisitor with even a basic ASM squad was a lot of fun. Was particularly effective at chewing through damaged remnants of enemy units in my deployment zone towards the end of the game. The dedicated transport is a nice cheap flyer (that died turn 3 but oh well). Ran the Inquisitor with a Xenos tech pistol, force sword and power armour. Did just fine. Pretty cheap and cheerful, will catch opponents by surprise when combine the Inquisitor's unit (by this mean charging with the two units, not the Inquisitor joining another unit) with another to ramp up the attacks. Divination was a plus on the Inquisitor... didn't really have any effect this game but can see it being useful in future when I remember to cast it on the flyer whilst inside (pretty sure can do this?).   

Something I would like to try in the future is the conversion beamer build with plasma/other heavy weapon servitors... fulfils a very different role to the one described above. And might be more of a fire magnet than the small group CC configuration which people may tend to underestimate until it hits them.

Servo skulls.... ehhh where quite useful in that if they had survived beyond turn one my deep striking assault marines would not scatter. However their ease of removal makes them so-so, unless you know for sure that will be facing infiltrators and scouts. I need to try them again more intelligently I think.   

To answer the token question- I have used a servo skull from the board game Space Hulk and the cherub from the clam pack Space Marine Liberian. Essentially anything will do, but I think it makes a lot better if get a 3D representation. However a picture of a skull on a standard base does the job just fine :).

I use coteaz as standard in my raptor list, he's a bargain for what he brings but the main draw is I've been expecting you so if I'm going second or there's skulls I use it to Protect my whirlwind during null deployment.

On occasion I use a radical ordo xenos tau hunter inquisitor using stolen marker drones as Servo skulls and plasma canons mounted on drones as servitors.

Usually when I have Psychic Inquisitors - they are to give Prescience.

I do use Coteaz for "Ive Been Expecting You" and Karamazov for his Psky Out version of "Orbital Barrage".

I do use a Conversion Beamer Inq much in Apoc where ranges are always in excess of 42".

I do use Rad Grenades - it makes a big difference when using a full squad to assault another squad and for Instant Death.

I do use Servo Skulls to drop Blasts and to Deep Strike Scions and TDA OM.

For sure, for 25pts you get a warp charge point, 2 powers (since you only get one roll on one table you automatically gain focus and the primaris) and a force sword upgrade from a chainsword.    WIN!

I used to run a inquisitor with the liber herscius, and ml 1. was pretty good. Since I owuld use him to get scout and divination for the 2 chapter master and bikers squad. But i ended up swapping him out for a DA librarian and the 8 bikes for 5 black knights and havnt looked back.

To those of you who are running them, how are you using Servo Skulls in this edition? Also, does your opponent make a point of nulifying them in his/her first turn?

I use them to Deep Strike TDA OM and Scions, as well as to drop blasts. I put them exactly 6.5 inches away from the opposing Deployment Zone border.

Don't mind Templar-nette. I play a Radical Inquisitor.

14718471255_c883639944_c.jpg

I ran some in my last tournament, and they were useful.   None of my foes had scouts or deep strikers, but just stopping my drop pods from deviating too far was worth it.   Allowed me to drop with good accuracy against a seerstar on turn 1 before they had invisibility up, and flame them with a 2x flamer assault squad.   Burned down a farseer and a warlock before they even got to move.  for 3 points each thats pretty good insurance.

Archived