Dark Angel Flyers and their Colours

Carthage

As the title says this is a topic about our flyers but mainly in referance to our forgeworld flyers. I was thinking of what colours our larger flyers would be. Obviously our codex images show our smaller flyers are piloted by the ravenwing.

Would you think things like the Storm Eagle/Fire Raptor and even the Thunder Hawk would be in the Ravenwing black rather than the green as i would supose there not dedicated to the indervidual companys but instead the Rocks Armoury.

only the ravenwing elements would be black. armory or fleet elements should be green as they belong to the chapter as a whole, so a t-hawk would be green unless specificaly atached to the ravenwing on a more permanent basis (same for deathwing, you have the green armoury land raiders and the white deathwing land raiders)

ps: and its "their" colours. msn-wink.gif

only the ravenwing elements would be black. armory or fleet elements should be green as they belong to the chapter as a whole, so a t-hawk would be green unless specificaly atached to the ravenwing on a more permanent basis (same for deathwing, you have the green armoury land raiders and the white deathwing land raiders)

ps: and its "their" colours. msn-wink.gif

Thank you. Would you feel that Storm Eagle and Fire Raptor are fleet/armoury vehicles or like your landraider comment attached to certain company. They are the ones with more chance to enter my collection and i want to make sure there right. I know alot is personal preferance and just wanted peoples feelings from the unforgiven as a whole.

Fluff wise they would belong to the armoury so be green but rule of cool made me paint my Stormraven black and attach it to the RW ;)

If I ever splurged out on a thunderhawk it would be green.

I have the Nephilim fighter and Fire Raptor gunship and both will be painted green. I do not agree with codex writer's idea that Nephs belongs to the Ravenwing. They are supposed to be interceptors and as such they should belong to the fleet/armoury => aka would be in green livery. But that is my opinion. You are free to disagree. :D

I think that the big flyers would be green, but It's possible that they have flyers allocated to companies so it wouldn't be too out of place that a flyer alocated to DW to be bone white and to RW to be black. Your army, use rule of cool. :)

i share Chaplain Lucifer idea. if you decide that a certain flyer is attached on a more permanent basis to the RW paint it black. there are examples in some bl novels of black or white T-hawks as well. so its up to you

I would also paint mine based on which company they are attached to or if it is the armory.

Thunderhawks and their transport variants (and any other vehicle with a transport capability) would be bone, black or white depending on who they carried planet side.

Drop pods are one use only so they may all be green. Though I can see the Rule of Cool (RoC)

The small planes I left black as they are piloted by marines and not techmarines. That is the fluff nazi in me.

If they don't have a transport capability then they would mostly be DA green.

As the Fire Raptor carries the "Relic" rule, there would even be a solid reason for painting it black, and using some of the old legion iconography. Likewise with the Thunderhawk. I agree that the Nephilim should be designated a fleet vessel, but as the codex table with the various unit/company assignments gives Jetfighters to the second company, i painted my Nephilim and Dark Talon's black. My stormwing went green, and my Fire Raptor and Thunderhawk will be Legion colors, if for no other reason than I want them to match my eventual HH army.

Archived