PFG and Banner Clarifications in 7th based on the new Faq

Dark Haven

Brothers, I apologize if this has already been discussed at length but my search-fu did not give me a complete answer. 

So, just to clarify: an IC embarked on a Land Raider with a PFG would give the Land Raider and any model (not unit) friend or foe within 3" a 4+ invul save? Finally, does this also apply to banners? So would the Banner of Devastation affect the Land Raider Crusader and all friendly units within 6"? Is there a specific rules area or page I could show my opponents to back this up? My opponents are concerned that the rules do not work this way just because that part of the previous Faq has been removed. I've been looking for a page in the BRB in particular. 

My thanks, Brothers. 

How Lucifer has explained it is correct at the moment however I wouldn't be surprised if they FAQ'd the PFG again soon to be similar to the new Orks Kustom Force Field rules:

Kustom Force Field

The bearer and all models within 6", receive a 5+ invulnerable save against any shooting attacks. If the bearer is embarked in a vehicle, then the vehicle receives a 5+ invulnerable save against any shooting attacks instead.

As it stands though I love the LRC with PFG and Standard of Devastation combo. Even better with 2 LRCs (which I've worked into my 2k army I'm currently painting up).

was there ever any ruling on what constitutes boltguns for the banner of devastation?

not that I'm likely to play anytime soon but I have a land raider prometheus I keep meaning to do something with. tempted to convert the storm bolter hatch to have a banner bearer.

If you think that RAW supports the heavy bolter and storm bolter, then you have to support by RAW a tac squad armed with storm bolters. All it says in the wargear section for a tac squad is boltguns! How do we know which kind of boltgun GW means??! ...

The FAQ ruling is necessary because it clarifies that combi weapons and hurricane bolters are affected, NOT because it clarifies that storm bolters and heavy bolters aren't. There is no RAW argument that supports that.

Hey I'm just the courier... ;)

I was just saying that there are people out there that can argue about that (tehre were discussions in this forum about that). For me is cut and clear what they mean by boltgun... I can't just say this is my opinion and it is the right one. I offered the whole view of the arguemnt and my opinion for clarity's sake.

Understood, I just think it's important to emphasize that the supposed RAW argument for storm bolters isn't RAW at all. I wouldn't want people coming to this board and then thinking they had a leg to stand on for Salvo 2/4 bolt pistols... Players of the Unforgiven have a reputation to uphold!  ;)

I've always read it as bolter = boltgun, just wondered if the digi dex may have the clarification on this as the 'paper' FAQ doesn't and I seem to remember that the rules used to have boltguns as including pistols, bolters, storm bolters, heavy bolters etc. Personally, I think it would be completely daft to include anything other than standard bolters (combis and twin linked versions included) but cant say I would have been too surprised to see a bad copy paste error make it in and upset everything.

may still do the cupola banner bearer and have him loose if/when I get the time to be able to swap around the different raiders I have. prometheus with banner flanked by a couple of LRC's with a godhammer and terminus supporting.

I've always considered it as bolt gun or weapons consisting bolters like Hurricane bolters. That's why hitting Command squad with Dakka Banner and IC with PFG inside LRC is always rather hilarious and source of many, many cheese comments... :D

Archived