Plague grin Conversions

henrywalker

Just finished building my new squad of plague ogryn. Got a little creative with the greenstuff to make them look a bit more zombieish.

Some are stabbed, some have their guts falling out, one stuck his arm in a bear trap. One has had his head chopped off My personal favourite was stabbed through the throat by a dark angels terminator.

gallery_59654_9892_1791778.jpg

the bear trap comes on the ogre sprue and i couldn't resist using it for something

gallery_59654_9892_57367.jpg

This one has had his head chopped off and is carrying it impaled on his spike, you can't see in the photo but the spike comes out of his mouth

oh, you thought you'd be safe in a zombie apocalypse by cutting off their heads? yeah Nurgle says no!!

gallery_59654_9892_1003487.jpg

Cleaver in the back, pretty self explanatory

gallery_59654_9892_631611.jpg

My definite favourite. A Dark angels terminator stabbed him through the throat, so he ate him. The sword with the arm on originally started because i couldn't be arsed to file the hand off the sword. I like how the sword comes out the back of his head and he's still going strong.

gallery_59654_9892_873581.jpg

A better view of the termie's helmet on the sword

gallery_59654_9892_749171.jpg

If you leave the gut plate off the ogres then theres a lovely cavity to fill with yummy guts

gallery_59654_9892_491487.jpg

Meet Stumpy

gallery_59654_9892_806699.jpg

The messy looking greenstuff around the stab wound will actually help me make the wound look realistic when it comes to painting and effects

gallery_59654_9892_380206.jpg

This guy is just succumbing to the plague with boils and a splitting headache by the looks of things

gallery_59654_9892_135900.jpg

Not 100% happy with this one but there was a rack of ribs on the sprue so why the hell not. He's had his rib cage ripped open, arguably not the best of circumstances for him to be in

gallery_59654_9892_731396.jpg

I don't really know why he has a massive tongue, I just had some mixed GS left over.

Hope you like em, any comments are welcome especially as i hope to have built 40 more of these by the end of the year

A small nitpick... On the PA sword arm, with the bone sticking out, that's a thigh bone (femur). It looks really goofy to me for an arm (humerus). I'm not a doctor or anything, but it really popped out as looking out of place.  

yes but unfortunately i don't have a humerus to use. I agree its wrong but hey, maybe thats astarte anatomy for you. Or maybe the ogryn pulled his humerus out and shoved his femur in instead. Not sure why but hey ogryn aren't clever even before they're zombified

Archived