what custom dreadnought would the dark angels get

ZONKEY

Twin gun arms: so twin-linked heavy bolters, twin-linked autocannons, missile launchers or twin-linked lascannons for both arms. No close combat weapons.

I can't remember if the Mortis dreads were also given some form of Skyfire and Interceptor rules or not, or if that was just the Contemptor version.

FW Mark V Mortis dreads have interceptor and skyfire if they stand still for a turn.

The twin auto cannon dread is considered a mortis dreadnought (AKA rifleman), but FW allows more or less every chapter access to 'one' of their FW Mortis dreadnoughts (twin ML/Las/Hvy bolter/Autocannon).   DA are allowed multiples of the FW mortis dreadnoughts because I think it used to be a DA specific dread.  But, all chapters have access to the regular dreadnought with twin autocannons anyways.  

I think we should get the dread chaplain. It would even be fluffy! An interrogator chaplain who was mortally wounded after capturing a fallen. his reward for such dedicates is to be encased in the sarcophagus of a dready and only awoken in Times of extreme emergency when a fallen needs to be caught.

I think fw has chaplain (maybe venerable) dreadnought rules open to all chapters and I think there is also a codex space marine character named Titus(?) who is also a chaplain dreadnought. I do not remember any Interrogator Chaplain dreadnoughts so it could be a unique idea. Even better if it is venerable.

With a Mortis dreadnought, DW dreadnought , FW contemptor and Chaplain dreadnoughts, IMHO the last thing we needis a "special" dreadnought because they aren't so special anymore. I'd rather they focus their creatives juices into something else. ;)

The Morris was a Forge world DA only variant dreadnought until a couple of months ago. With the release of the new edition imperial armour 2 it was given to all marine chapters with DAs being the only chapter allowed to field more than one. A lot of people hoped it would make an appearance in our 6th ed codex but sadly that was not to be.

With a Mortis dreadnought, DW dreadnought , FW contemptor and Chaplain dreadnoughts, IMHO the last thing we needis a "special" dreadnought because they aren't so special anymore. I'd rather they focus their creatives juices into something else. ;)

one thing I think would be smart would be to give us something unique to our green marines. Make us feel a little less ctrl-c ctrl-v'd

Chaplain Lucifer I hope you are aware I was being silly regarding the lion drawn chariot

In this day and age, were chapter masters ride sleds and flying shoes transport 16 marines I can't take any speculation about future DA releases as a joke, because they might come true. biggrin.png

Chaplain Lucifer I hope you are aware I was being silly regarding the lion drawn chariot

In this day and age, were chapter masters ride sleds and flying shoes transport 16 marines I can't take any speculation about future DA releases as a joke, because they might come true. biggrin.png

Ooh we could get a fancy new tank with a lions head on the front of it. Giant lion field gun :P

You guys already have unique Dreads in a sense. Neither us (BA), nor the Wolves can access Contemptors of either kind, Mortis or Chaplain Dreads. Sure you share that access with Codex chapters, too, but that's only one other codex that has access to these toys.

I've got IA 2 2nd ed. in front of me (working on some Tarantulas) and Contemptors are Codex , Da and Tyrant's Legion only. Ditto Chaplains and Mortis. Can't see anything in the FAQ in the FW downloads section to amend that, but if you've found something permitting it please tell me where!

Archived