what custom dreadnought would the dark angels get

ZONKEY

I played a 750pt game last night, my MVP by far was Chaplain Lucifer in his Mk iv Dread body.

He deployed deep into enemy territory in a Lucius drop pod, shot his multi melta at the filthy Tau transport vehicle containing the elusive Ethereal and squad, the filthy xenos managed to jink away to safety and the army fired no less than 15 S7 shots and of their own in an attempt to thwart Lucifers plans.

The holy pod survived the onslaught and the next round Lucifer left the protection of the pod to advance on the transport (the firewarriors had got out and left the filthy Ethereal inside), this time there was no escape from the rage of the mighty Lucifer; he exploded the transport, heavy flamed the vehicle and debussed squad to kill all but 3 FWs then charged the lonely Ethereal and delivered the Emperors Justice with one fell swing of his mighty chainfist.

Due to my tactical objectives, the Ethereal giving up a free vp and him being the warlord Chaplain Lucifer earned 6 VPs to ensure eventual victory for the DA 12/10.

We need a Dread that causes fear to enemies within 6" too, that would have been awesome to scare some other units off :devil:

splendid, the fish people must be taught how to kneel before the might of the Emperor. This is a textbook example of how to preform it.

And without needing a crap new variant of the dreadnought...

When you are thinking "what new i would like in a new DA codex" I invite you all to open the DA codex again...

Do you want another NJF, LSV, DT or BoC???

I would like better seeing our current staff fixed than seeing GW adding new crap without fixing what we have...

P.S.: and I would really like to see DW expanded with new equipments for the DW ven dread like GW did for the SW one...

Well I must say I'm a bit of a dreadnought fan, I guess I'm just a sucker for the looks and fluff around them. With that in mind, I won't say a dread is not playable or so but I wouldn't mind a variant that better lives up to the idea of 'the chapter's greatest warriors are interred in a dreadnought' and venerable dreads even more so. I think something as simple as having 13 AV would already make it way better in melee and much more the force to be reckoned with.

That said, sure there is plenty I'd like to see changed in our current codex / units but that's a while different discussion tongue.png

Nephilim Jet fighter isn't as bad as it once was. A simple price drop will fix both the Dark Talon and Nephilim. Blade of Caliban should just go away, and give our champions a standard power sword. As long as they're not IC's, theres little reason to give them fancy gear.  I would like to see the Dark Shroud/Vengeance model become a chariot option for sammael. Stick him in the pulpit, pick an appropriate AV and call it Sableclaw MK II. After Logan, I want a chariot, too....just not one pulled about by wolves or lions or chaos marines in pillories.

I think I have 7 dreadnoughts, most of them venerable. I love painting them, I love the fluff behind them, and I would stil love to buy more of them, but as was said before, we need to fix what we already have before asking for more. 

Archived