Caestus and Supersonic in 6th / 7th ed.

Shaezus

Can anybody please help me out and tell me where I can find the rules for 'supersonic' since it was introduced in place of 5th ed. 'afterburners'?

Has anybody ran the caestus and actually used this rule in 6th or 7th ed.?

Have looked in the SR section of IA2 2nd ed and it ain't in there.

Thanks, didn't expect to find it there.

Could still be useful. Shame they haven't tweaked it for 7th ed now that hovering flyers are scoring, but then I suppose that's why they didn't. 'afterburners' would be awesome now for last-turn objective claiming.

That's okay, no problem, I remembered seeing the supersonic rule and reading it, which is odd as I have nothing with that rule. I'm not familiar with the afterburners rule, but I'm guessing it gave an additional move? I've always rather liked the look of the Caestus but the actual financial outlay of one compared to usefulness has always put me off. I love the look of the Caestus, it looks brutal and nasty, like a space marine craft should.

Afterburners was the same thing but it specified a fast skimmer moving flat out, maybe it is the same only the rules for the caestus say it can only be used when zooming. I just think the concept of using afterburners when hovering is effectively the same as a jetbike's turbo-boost.

The guys at my club get their forgeworld models from a chinese site, 100% reliable and almost half the price for the same quality. Just far too expensive otherwise sadly

Archived