Cold metal, hot blood, Necron/Chaos team up.

Lord_Urbonov

So, I wanted to ask for some advice. I'm going to be playing in a sort of charity doubles tournament at my local GW, and I'm going to ally up with a friend of mine who plays those lovable Necrons.

Thing is, I have very little experience even playing against, much less allied with, Necrons, and the reverse his true for my friend and chaos.

So my question is, what configuration works well for this team up?

Should I go deamons or CSM?  And which ever i choose, should I go all stabby stabby and get my necron friend to go as shooty as possible? And what units would take advantage of this strategy the best?

Any input would be much appreciated. The tournament is only 860 a person (1720 a team) so we don't have a huge amount of points to play around with.

Necrons are powerful mid range shooting. Gauss weapons glance on a six. Tesla weapons chain to nearby models (one shot can mean two hits potentially). Necrons pay for this with I2 on most of their infantry (wraiths being an exception, they're beastly). Countercharges are very helpful for necrons but not many of their units fill that role well.

Since Necrons have reanimation protocol, they tend to not stay dead. They last long in a shootout and can give you the time you need to close the distance.

In most situations all this means is you're the hammer, Necrons the anvil.

Source: I'm a necron.

Archived