vlka fenryka (space wolves);)

Dange

well the Sons of Horus are on hold at minute due to my first child on the way soon biggrin.png so i looked in my pile of bits and thought i need to keep up on my painting so been practicing on the sky warriors would like to do these boys in the 30 timeline so the practice may come in usefull. some of these are painted a year ago some recently so might be a bit of a difference in standard :) hope you like

med_gallery_37234_8134_307136.jpg

med_gallery_37234_8134_611141.jpg

med_gallery_37234_8134_954926.jpg

med_gallery_37234_8134_657823.jpg

med_gallery_37234_8134_297862.jpg med_gallery_37234_8134_218422.jpg

med_gallery_37234_8134_472027.jpg med_gallery_37234_8134_722083.jpg

med_gallery_37234_8134_1747299.jpg

Looking just as good as your SoH. It's nice to see you are painting to the same high standard, no matter what legion or chapter.

My favorite of the bunch has to be the wolf priest, in my opinion he looks better then the Ulric original.

Looking just as good as your SoH. It's nice to see you are painting to the same high standard, no matter what legion or chapter.

My favorite of the bunch has to be the wolf priest, in my opinion he looks better then the Ulric original.

thanks mate glad you like them yeh missing the SoH :( . Ulric was a bit off the cuff was looking at the original he man pose and thought no but loved the helmet so got the saw out :) .

It's always a pleasure to see Space Wolves that look like actual space marines (albeit with a few norse and wolfy things) instead of werewolves someone just happened to tape a few plates of power armor on.

I love them all, but the future jump packers are my favorite.

Great looking Wolves.

thank you mate :)

Always loved your SoH, and these Wolves are top notch as well.

That Ulric means business.

thanks steel paladin its a great compliment that people like my SoH as soon as i can save up for some forgeworld goodness they will be back :). glad you like the wolves as well.

well two more termies done :)

med_gallery_37234_8134_90825.jpg

med_gallery_37234_8134_141029.jpg

med_gallery_37234_8134_740420.jpg

:)

You make the 40,000 color scheme of the Space Wolves look good.

It's not an easy feat.

thanks :) tried to make them look they got dirt and grime on them plenty of scorched brown and black watered down in the recesses :)

I agree with Knight of the Raven!

This is great Dange, the helmeted assault cannon guy especially... And that Ulrik man!!!

So you plan to do SWs for 30k? :drool:

hey capt well I was getting fed up not been able to paint and I just read prospero burns again so with no SoH to paint went to my pre heresy box of abandoned models and found a lot of space wolves so thought I'll start there :) don't know what I'll do with them when I'm done yet mate :)

As always, your models are outstanding.

thanks mate :)

How do you paint the armour? The colour is gorgeous!

thank you mate :)

1med_gallery_37234_8134_47867.jpg

first base coat of 2 parts shadow grey then 50/50 space wolves grey to kommando khaki i do about five thin coats its a pain but really does make a difference

2med_gallery_37234_8134_244395.jpgmed_gallery_37234_8134_968064.jpg

next shading: this i paint into all the recesses 50/50 mix of scorched brown and shadow grey if you go over the armour plates re apply the base coat :)

3med_gallery_37234_8134_848113.jpgmed_gallery_37234_8134_455091.jpg

shading to the edges of the armour plates this i use 2 parts space wolves grey to, 1 shadow grey and 1 kommando khaki.

4med_gallery_37234_8134_519178.jpgmed_gallery_37234_8134_310980.jpg

finishing the shading then to all the recesses i add devlan mud wash this ties the colours together.

5med_gallery_37234_8134_1060175.jpg

the i add to the edges of the armour space wolves grey :)

guys they might look a bit bright there but once you finish the models it really calms the grey down. looks a bit sharp againt the flat black undercoat ;)

These are very nice, What colours did you use for the wolf pelts and how did you apply them?

Ulrik and the scouts are my favourite.

mate ill do the same with the pelts when i start them :).

Well that's a great tutorial! You may want to add it in the tutorial section. :)

thanks capt semp I'll try to put it in tutorials mate :)

These are brilliant, love the poses on the terminators. Really nice paintwork, too.

That's a cool Ulrik - is he kitbashed using parts of the original mini?

I'm really loving that Ulric. 

Did you just chop his head and crozius off and stick them to a plastic body?

Glad you like Ulric yeh nothing complicated head and crozius cut off and dug out the oldest torso from the older space wolves sprue that's it really :)

Excellent tutorial, looking forward to seeing more when you do the wolf pelts.

Adding khaki is an interesting choice, I don't think I've ever seen that before. Do you use it to desaturate the blueness of the shadow grey?

That's it mate I find it ties the colours together I do the same with the SOH but there I use a grey . And it's like you said mate I wanted to calm that blue down there's nothing wrong with blue though any ultra fans :) . I was tempted to go a dull silver but I thought they are 40k stay true . I would love to see some 30k wolves like the forgeworld posters really look like Vikings in space :) and I'm glad you like the tutorial wolf pelts to come :)

Archived