Rules that specify a Wound/Unsaved Wound ...vs Armour?

Technoscream

No doubt this is a simple one, but I'm not sure what the answer is myself.

How to rules that use the word "Wound" or "Unsaved Wound" work with vehicles like dreadnoughts who do not actually have wounds or saves?

Here is the example that came up:
I had an Ironclad Dreadnought in combat with a Tyranid Haruspex, which has several rules related to causeing a "Wound"

"If a Haruspex inflicts at least one unsaved Wound in the Assault phase, then at the end of that phase it recovers a single Wound lost earlier in the battle."

"In the turn in which a Haruspex charges, every unsaved Wound that it inflicts in close combat immediately allows it to make an additional Attack."

"For each unsaved Wound a model with the acid blood biomorph suffers in close combat, the enemy unit that inflicted the Wound must take an Initiative test at the end of the current Initiative step. For each test that is failed, the unit that inflicted the Wound immediately suffers a Strength 5 AP2 hit with the Ignores Cover special rule."

...Could someone please explain to me exactly how this should play out in the combat between an Ironclad Dreadnought and Haruspex?

Thanks in advance.

1 - The Haruspex cannot wound the dreadnought, so cannot regain a wound.

2 - The Haruspex cannot wound the dreadnought, so cannot generate extra attacks.

3 - Each wound the Ironclad causes will result in it taking an initiative test, for each one it fails it takes a S5 AP2 hit. The S5 hit is not enough to damage the Ironclad's AV of 13, so it has no effect.

Archived