New guy building army seeks sage wisdom

Busterr

Hello all! First, forgive me if this is in the improper forum.

I am a new player whose gone through a game or two with others' armies.

I am now building my own.

I have:

5 Terminators - power claws

5 devastators - las cannon and I forget what else

I now have a new army of 10 regular soldiers that I am trying to outfit. I believe you deploy them in squads of 5 no?

Anyway, with regard to that, I have available 5 flamethrower, 5 plasma guns, and 5 bolters. I also have 1 rocket launcher. Obviously this means 6 weapons will not be played with. My question is, how do I outfit and deploy the guys?

Should I/can I mix in diff weapons in a single squad?

I also have a leader that I was recommended to buy I am not at home with the boxes now but I was wondering how this works. Would it just be a squad of 5 and a squad of 5+1 with the leader?

I could wait til I meet up with the guys I play with but I'm enjoying painting and want to get some guys glued up and finished if you know the feeling.

Anyway this may be a rather rudamentary question but we were all rookies once. I'd appreciate any feedback you guys might have. I'm just eager to see my guys done. Thanks in advance for pointing me the right direction

yeah i suggest getting to grips with the codex before you start assembling anything, for instance you will need some troop choices for your army and it's best to start building them first. You probably want to make the guys you bought into a tactical squad so if you really must assemble any models give them bolters, with maybe one guy with either a flamer or plasma gun.

Black Templars were rolled into the Space Marine Codex last year, so you can find them there. biggrin.png Look at what you think looks cool and play it. It may be cliche in this hobby at this point, but playing an army you genuinely enjoy gets you way more hobby mileage then playing the "new hotness."

Cool ok shoot cause I had the marines codex first then bought the bt codex that I guess is now not relevant I guess there will be some good fluff in there

W regard to looking cool that's why I'm playing bt's I like their lore and look.

However, I don't know (or know where to find) info like:

1. How many guys in a squad

2. Are bolters the default gun or are they on par with plasma/throwers

3. Must a squad be all one load out or can you give say two guys plasma 3 guys bolters

I'm not averse to doing my own research and reading I just kind of don't know where to look (although I will now look in the codex I had only got it cause I was playing a game and my opponent recommended it to understand points etc at the moment so I haven't gotten deep in)

Also if anyone can help me with the above would be much appreciated!

The Codex will answer near all of those questions, as those are all game play questions. You'll find in the Codex that there are a multitude of ways to run squads, and in the case of Codex Space Marines, a variety of special rules each army can have based on what are called "Chapter Tactics." I would suggest buying the codex and paging through it as it has most all the answers you're looking for msn-wink.gif

Archived