Assault Terminators

FishFuzz99

I'm assembling some Assault Terminators and was wondering what, and if any, mix of weapons you guys like to use. I was planning on magnetizing them but I'm not sure that will work well with the little shoulder plate thingy.

I was thinking maybe 3 TH/SS and 2 LC or vice versa, or just going all 5 TH/SS.

For me 5 TH/SS with corbs in front, I have had few games with, libby there as well but that is just so 5th ed. Even TDA priest can do the trick, its allways better to do 2+/3++ with some FNP :)

I would allways keep Sarge with TH/SS 3++ is so much better than 5++, most of the time you will throw your termies at something that will force you go for invuls (at least I do).

~BT

Really like the idea of the extra shoulder pads. I've just got mine blu-tac'd...

As for configuration, I prefer to have two with Lightning Claws unless a) I'm playing Apocalypse or b ) I have some characters in tow for the initiative strikes. I used to believe that the sergeant should have Lightning Claws but there is a a good argument for giving him a Thunder Hammer and Storm Shield to tie people up in challenges.

I used to believe that the sergeant should have Lightning Claws but there is a a good argument for giving him a Thunder Hammer and Storm Shield to tie people up in challenges.

I don't think that's true any more considering that wounds can spill over now and he's a single wound character. 

If you can't tie up with the 2+ you're not saving any models in the squad either.

I used to believe that the sergeant should have Lightning Claws but there is a a good argument for giving him a Thunder Hammer and Storm Shield to tie people up in challenges.

I don't think that's true any more considering that wounds can spill over now and he's a single wound character. 

If you can't tie up with the 2+ you're not saving any models in the squad either.

Yeah but the THSS Sergeant is less likely to spill over wounds if smacked on the face with a Power Fist..

Yeah but the THSS Sergeant is less likely to spill over wounds if smacked on the face with a Power Fist..

If it's a simple PA dude you'll easily kill him first, if it's something more killy just let the regular squad members take the saves. You still have 4 other 3++ models.

I like running five TH/SS myself. I like the additional 3++ saves and the additional S8 AP2 attacks. It gives extra punch against vehicles and MCs, which is often what I am targeting with my assault termies.

It also depends on who you expect to be fighting. For instance, if you face a lot of Eldar/DE armies like I do, attacking on init 4 makes no difference since you are attacking last regardless of load out. In that case, you might as well have the 3++ and S8/AP2. On the other hand, if you're expecting to fight MEQ, Necrons, or Tau, then attacking at init 4 can make a big difference. 

5 THSS is also better if you plan on having a character with them, that way you can use the IC in challenges where his higher init will make the difference, and use the sergeant in challenges where his invul and high S will tip the odds and where the IC would be vulnerable to instant death.

Archived