The Legion for you... Community Assistance Thread

Hyaenidae

Yeah, those are definitely just the Ashen Circle axe-rakes that have been heavily converted. Guarantee it. He even used 4 of the exact same axe-rake as a base for the vet squad (each of the 5 axe-rakes in the Ashen Circle set is slightly different), suggesting an in-house hook-up for just the right parts.

The sergeant with a power fist shown as part of the same demo unit has an Ashen Circle pad, too.

I can see the same as BCK, could be the person who did the weapon used the Ashen circle blade as a template and made his own weapon.

File the plasticard to give you the blade. Might explain why it is so "flat"

Hm, that's fair enough. I'll probably give that a try at some stage in the future. Some late-Heresy Word Bearers would make for a nice side-project. :p

Anyhow, I was looking at the Bullock pattern jetbike earlier as a possible Scimitar stand-in for my praetor, and realised that it's just Sammael's jetbike, albeit some modifications would be necessary. It's fine cast, though, and I'm not sure is Sammael is attached to the bike itself...

I'll pass on that. I prefer the Maxmini Gothic Jetbike anyhow. :p

I did some checking and the legs are separate from the bike itself (although they seem to be attached to the exhausts, no matter), so it shouldn't be too much of an issue to clear the area up and make the necessary modifications to turn it into a Bullock. Cheers lads. \o

I hate this subforum. 

I had my army planned out. "White Scars, wait for FW rules to buy anything, make some test miniatures, take your time with the backstory..." And now I've just placed an order for a small bit of Imperial Fist material, while researching how I should best run Alpha Legion. And looking at One-eye's White Scars

What I'm saying is that I can't choose and I hate you all because of your incredible modeling and painting skills that inspire me literally every day.

I hate this subforum. 

I had my army planned out. "White Scars, wait for FW rules to buy anything, make some test miniatures, take your time with the backstory..." And now I've just placed an order for a small bit of Imperial Fist material, while researching how I should best run Alpha Legion. And looking at One-eye's White Scars

What I'm saying is that I can't choose and I hate you all because of your incredible modeling and painting skills that inspire me literally every day.

Not saying everything is going "According to Plan" but...

:p

What you're saying is you're not a special snowflake and you're just like the rest of us.

Well, the rest of you actually have Heresy forces started... happy.png

What you're saying is you're not a special snowflake and you're just like the rest of us.

Give it time. Everybody boards the Ship! Sooner or later *Glances at impending 30k Blood Angels Release*

I've managed to convert a bunch of whiney, apathetic "but they're all SPEHS MEHRINES!" types into, "Dude, I can't decide between Death Guard, Mechanicum, Militia or Alpha Legion!" types like everyone here. 

It's rather vindicating, I must say. 

Now if only I could settle on a paint scheme for my Solar Auxilia. Excellent models, but don't lend themselves strongly to one thing or another (i.e. Cadians look best in pseudo-realistic modern/WW2 schemes, Death Korps belong in WW1 army colours, Elysians modelled off modern paratroopers, etc). I've considered Imperial Stormtrooper pattern (white is hell, won't mesh nicely with the vehicles), steampunk French (light blue cloth, metal armour, brass finishing), Isaac Clarke inspired (dark grey cloth, brass armour), imagined Saturnyne Rams (black armour, dark grey cloth, or inverted, red detail?). 

You Astartes have it easy.

Do you guy's generally mix and match armour marks in squads or do you try and keep everyone equipped the same?

I have some mark 3 and 4 marines built and I was thinking of combining them into 1 squad but they just look so different....

Oh, and I have absolutely no idea what legion they will be!

Do you guy's generally mix and match armour marks in squads or do you try and keep everyone equipped the same?

I have some mark 3 and 4 marines built and I was thinking of combining them into 1 squad but they just look so different....

Oh, and I have absolutely no idea what legion they will be!

No hard rule against consistency or variety. Its all in the eye of the beholder so do what you feel makes the most sense!

I like the idea of focussing on the armour mark generally expected for the Legion (eg. IV for Night Lords, III for Imperial Fists, II for World Eaters) but then mixing a smattering of the other 2 marks into units. Gives the marines some individuality, but also ties most of the force together.

When I eventually get my head out of my :cuss and begin working on some Iron Warriors I will be mixing all the armour marks from MK II - VI to represent a mid heresy army, with II and IV being prevalent. Except MK II arms, I tend to exchange those for MK VII arms because they are bulkier and look better.

Welcome to my nightmarish world. Although things are still going with the Death Guard Im hopefull it will stick.

Okay here is the thing. I have decided to start with Horus Heresy a while back, but im still struggling to settle on a legion (Same problem I had trying to settle on a chaos legion back in 3rd ed if people remember).

I have brought it down to several choices:
Luna Wolves Loyalists(Love the backstory and colour scheme)

Imperial Fists (Templar brethren and Sigismund... yes please)

Ultramarines (I always liked the inspiration and colour scheme for them)

Alpha Legion (Dont ask)

Emperor's Children (I love the colour scheme and the palantine blades)

Word Bearers (I love the possessed marines... but Erebus is a gentleman's sausage)

HELP MEEEEE :( 

Archived