The Legion for you... Community Assistance Thread

Hyaenidae

I mostly like the Subtleties: They all kinda look like one another/the emperor, Omegon in the Shadows behind Alpharius (or is it the other way around?), etc.

What legion do you guys think that new FW centurion model would work for. He seems to be a bit of a brute, so I was thinking perhaps the more aggressive legions would suit it, such as Iron Hands, Iron Warriors, Death Guard, World Eaters, Night Lords, Imperial Fists perhaps Dark Angels as well. 

I think he could also be a pretty good Salamander, and with a bit of Greenstuff possibly Space Wolf or a White Scar too. I doubt he'd be brilliant as a Blood Angel, an Emperor's Child, or a Thousand Son. Possibly a Terran Raven Guard or Word Bearer?

Very nearly ordered some Night Lords upgrades today after spending far too much time looking at Sevatar. I'm disappointed that you can't get the old metal Raptors anymore; they had far better looking jump packs.

I've yet to see any on ebay. :/

I saw a few Raptors with the JPs included, just not alone. I might try picking one up and recasting them for posterity. 

Just realised they would make great accesories for Kakophani with some work done. :p

http://d1sarmon1a.deviantart.com/gallery/53999853/WARHAMMER-40000-THE-ICONOSTASIS

A new way of choosing your Legion look at this artwork and pick which primarch you like and that's it your done everything else is bullocks

Wow. Those are pretty awesome.

According to this the VI is the legion I should focus on. I was already leaning that way but have hesitated to commit wondering how FW will do the aesthetics and rules. Rules may be a minor concern given how little I play, but there are other legions where my interest has greatly dwindled after models were released.

How have others dealt with the great wait and unknown?

Hello sage heresy fans, I am in the process of planning a small modelling project for the next several months (or year) until Prospero comes out.

I'm weighing up either Iron Hands or Iron Warriors and I think the bit which I'm stuck on is how I can use the upgrade kits to give character to the average line marine.

The Iron Warriors upgrades are certainly 'interesting' (well the torso anyway). But I can't seem to find any examples of people using them except for Dantioch's WIP thread. Does anyone have pictures or examples of the IW upgrade kits at play so as to help me decide what my project will look like?

Hello sage heresy fans, I am in the process of planning a small modelling project for the next several months (or year) until Prospero comes out.

I'm weighing up either Iron Hands or Iron Warriors and I think the bit which I'm stuck on is how I can use the upgrade kits to give character to the average line marine.

The Iron Warriors upgrades are certainly 'interesting' (well the torso anyway). But I can't seem to find any examples of people using them except for Dantioch's WIP thread. Does anyone have pictures or examples of the IW upgrade kits at play so as to help me decide what my project will look like?

i am working on an Iron Warriors build right now ... ended up going with 3rd party bits over the GW ones ... to me the GW ones were a bit dated looking in the sculpting quality 

If I was going to paint up some Iron Warriors, I'd just use the Iron Hands torso and head upgrade kits instead. All you need to do is cut off the hand icon on the torsos (should be very easy to do) and you're good to go :tu:

@kizzdougs: I was thinking about that after looking at the Iron Hands tactical squad set from FW. The torso looks suitably reinforced and there are a few chainmail loin cloths as well. I like the FW Iron Warrior heads but everytime I try to imagine them on a tact marine they look a little out of place - especially on MkIII bodies which is kind of what I'd want them on to lend to that walking talk feel.

@devil: I agree on the dated look of the GW upgrade bits, I was more looking at what FW had on offer - and in particular, how well people have put the IW upgrades to use.

I'm still wondering if anyone ever found out what those starred torsos were supposed to represent. Other than that, I'd mix Iron Hands and some of the IW bits together for an Iron Warrior army.

Very nearly ordered some Night Lords upgrades today after spending far too much time looking at Sevatar. I'm disappointed that you can't get the old metal Raptors anymore; they had far better looking jump packs.

I've yet to see any on ebay. :/

Not exact, but Kromlech got you covered bro:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/297250-kromlech-releases-15-off-demons-14th-16th-aug/page-6?do=findComment&comment=4152500

Besides the Eagle on the chest and the crux on the left shoulder, is there any real difference between the Tartaros and Legion Tartaros armour? (Legs, poses etc.) I'm leaning towards getting the normal set, but my OCD is screaming no because of the crux on the shoulder!

Besides the Eagle on the chest and the crux on the left shoulder, is there any real difference between the Tartaros and Legion Tartaros armour? (Legs, poses etc.) I'm leaning towards getting the normal set, but my OCD is screaming no because of the crux on the shoulder!

I have both sets (Bought the Crux one by Mistake....) They're pretty much the same besides the Chests and Left Shoulder.

The 40k Ones are pretty much all the same having the Aquila dead center whereas the 30k Version has: Lightning Bolts, Studs, Blingless and a skull.

I have a custom blood angels force and death korps of krieg in 40k. Looking to transition over to the dark side of 30k and become a heretic. I'm thinking Iron Warriors, because I'm wanting lots of vehicles backed up by terminators or tactical. The seige breaker background really appeals to me. Any other chaos legions fit the bill? I just ordered the 2 red books and book 1 from forgeworld. Where do you start building an army for 30k? I like the look of mk 3 iron armor as well, would this fit with a iron warriors army?

Archived