7th ed list building

BloodTzar

I have just read the rules in IA:2E2  it is quite confusing to me; assuming I will have Raptor and Sicaran in main (while having Rec), and I want to take another Sicaran to my detachment do I need to take another "keeper of the relic" for the detachment or the Rec is fine?

On the other hand, my main problem with Rec is that the DC becomes super killy, and gets out of the combat much faster, sometimes in 1 turn :/

One major issue with Loth-Meph list is that you need to get Mephy transport as the wings are gone  (not sure if he can hop in someones DP, seen few bat-reps done that way)

I have understood it that I need to take MotF just because of the Sicaran for the Red Scorps unsure.png

On the other hand I have came up with update:

HQ

Rec (fist)

ELITES

Priest

TROOPS

2x5 ASM (melta) ~Las/Plas RzB

7 DC (Axe, rest bolters) ~ DP

5 ASM (melta) ~DP

FAST

3x AB (3 MM) - not sure about these perhaps use these points on something else

HEAVY

2x Sicaran (nothing, perhaps the legacy (Schism of Mars) for one and PW for pries, while cutting one AB) - will take a while as I have to buy one happy.png

1x Fire Raptor (AC's)

Allies:

HQ

Loth (Bio/Teleph)

TROOPS

10 Tacs (flamer, Las can, sarge turned into SP) ~ DP

Poor Baal's didnt keep up with the new point decreese, as Sicarans are just much better at some point, moreover AB's are there for nasty stuff like LR's of any kind. Morever I am still thinking of cutting them and getting one SR for the scorps cool.png

PS. I think I have been cheating in my games as I have realized now SM DP is not for 12 marines anymore wacko.png well I will re-work that guess no flamer and 9 man strong.

Keep the attack bikes- they're golden.  

Not sure about that priest though.  Dont really think hes adding much ? :/ 

Get Schism of Mars on the Raptor - turns those S8 missiles into something fierce. Also, makes even the HB and the S6 cannon fearsome 

Well I tought bikes may stay in range in the Razor with Priest to get a FnP with Jink.

Hmm that is very nice idea to have, perhaps it might even be better on SR as that AC; might have a chance to rend unlike the Auto Can on Raptor smile.png

My thinking is, it changes the Raptor from poor/average to Good/reliable in tank hunting, but changes the Raven from Good to incredible.

If I put raven into my list, I will need to kick bikes and priest, after that I might have nice T2 supprise on table...I never had bikes on table that much, however in games I have used them my opponents focused them as much as they could...

Regarding Schism of Mars, the wording says it can go on any BA Tank. Therefore, I don't think it can be taken on a Stormraven down.gif

Oh yeah you are right I have missed that, well than it might be one happy sicaran tank S7 rends might be even more killy :) However that might be over kill, as S7 rending is nice as it is...

Hmm. Having said that, would it benefit from the +1 to Ram strength or not? If I go by my reasoning above, I'd have to say no which seems daft. Why have the rule at all if it were not a "flying tank"?

*Scratches beard*.

The 'tank' USR is obviously there to give it a bonus for ramming, I don't see why it wouldn't apply. It's been like that since it was introduced. 

As for giving it that upgrade that's probably stretching it, I was mostly suggesting it as a joke. 

It could certainly need it though considering the nerf it took in 7th.

Hmm. Having said that, would it benefit from the +1 to Ram strength or not? If I go by my reasoning above, I'd have to say no which seems daft. Why have the rule at all if it were not a "flying tank"?

*Scratches beard*.

Yes it does benefit from the +1 ram bonus for being a 'tank', with another +1 from the caestus' own bonus. If only they hadn't scrapped the bonus from distance moved!

Nowww then...how stretching would it be to have a zooming caestus perform tank shock? :p

Hello guys,

sorry for asking this once again, however I might seem to struggle with this topic;

what is your understanding of Relic of Armory rule in following case;

you have Main Detch. (BA) and than Allies (RS) ,both are taking relic stuff, even multiple relics (4= 3 BA, 1 RS), under the rule mentioned above do you:

A ) both sides need to have "keeper of the relic" ?

B ) Just the main detch?

C ) Doesnt matter until there is on no matter who takes it?

Thank you in advance,

~BT

PS. MIght have re-vamped bit FW heavy list ready smile.png

Gonna add a little different interpretation here.

1:   If you include 2+ Relics in the primary you need a Reclusiarch.

2:  If you include 1 Relic in the secondary, you do not need a Reclusiarch. 

2b:  If you include 2 Relics in the secondary, your compulsory HQ must be a Reccy.

My reasoning for this is that the wording explicitly uses plural of "relic".  This follows on from the first bullet point.  So, nothing has changed from one to two, except that if you have more than 1 relic, the compulsory HQ must be a Reclusiarch (or other). 

Archived