On dark angels successor's

Fury_of_Fenris

I love the dark angels, but im not a fan of their codex or running death/raven wing, im an infantry guy first and foremost, plus i love sternguard and centurions

This got me thinking of the thousand odd chapters out there, and the numerous chapters that do not know their founding legion, this has led me to think

is it possible out there that there dark angels succesor chapters that do not know that their founders are said chapter? and theoretically there are dark angel succesors that are organised and follow the standard chapter set up

I was looking at creating my own codex chapter which follows the codex, however very recently through some type of even ( some ancient document perhaps) that they find that their parent chapter are the dark angels, however due to the chapter's traditions and whatnot decide to follow the codex rather than taking the hunt of the fallen and the re-orginastion that would be neccesary

could this be possible, and if they chose not to hunt the fallen would the be disowned/dishonoured by the inner circle for not following them

Very unlikely they would know of the secret and choose not to hunt. Honour is a very strong sentiment for Space marines. Even if tehy wouldn't liek it, they would still hunt for honour's sake.

Even if they did chose not to hunt, then their heads woud roll in the unlikely event that DA would share the secret with someone unworthy. DA's secret is so deep tehy wouldn't choose anyone to know it lest they knew they would share the guilt and shame and help to atone...

Very unlikely they would know of the secret and choose not to hunt. Honour is a very strong sentiment for Space marines. Even if tehy wouldn't liek it, they would still hunt for honour's sake.

Even if they did chose not to hunt, then their heads woud roll in the unlikely event that DA would share the secret with someone unworthy. DA's secret is so deep tehy wouldn't choose anyone to know it lest they knew they would share the guilt and shame and help to atone...

Also on many an occasion. A successor has captured a fallen on behalf of the da's or been asked too.

Really the dark angels chapter and successors operate as one big force. Their all in cohoots with eachother and would fall all over the attempt at doing the bidding of their founding chapter.

Using your scenario, it would appear that the Dark Angels would not know of their existence. If they would meet at some point in time, the DA would view them with deep suspicion and would not even tell them about the Fallen. Then they would remain sons of the Lion but hold to the Codex and not even have the two special wings.

Like my fellow unforgiven said, the secret of the fallen would never be told to outsiders , and i suspect the Dark Angels keep a close eye on every successor chapter coming from their geenseed. 

Even if said chapter discovered that they were made from first legion material, the DA's and every successor chapter known would reject any new chapters claiming to be the Lion's children.

Centurions are cool, sternguard are great, but if you want to be an unforgiven, you live and die by our codex ! :D 

Archived