modelling world eaters missing arm armour

ZONKEY

Chaos Marauders are a decent fit.

This. Beastman Gor arms can work too, although they need slightly more work (and a bit of a shave ;) ). As for the Marauder arms, the arms from the champion and musician (wielding a sword and cudgel, respectively) are the most useful.

Chaos Marauders are a decent fit.

Probably closest to scale - as say Catachan arms would be too weedy. 

Odd that they're not muscular enough... may be the first time that's ever been a problem.

Makes you wish that the old plastic Goliaths from necromunda were still available, although there were only really right arms that were useful.

Those arms are pretty terrible, though. As are the Goliaths. Necromunda has some of the best sculpted models in GW's entire catalogue, but the Goliath starter minis definitely aren't among them ;)

What's thoughts on bezerkers with wolf pelts?

Awesome! But then, my entire World Eaters army is themed around the idea of a hunting party, so all kinds of trophies - pelts included - make lots of sense.

Makes you wish that the old plastic Goliaths from necromunda were still available, although there were only really right arms that were useful.

Those arms are pretty terrible, though. As are the Goliaths. Necromunda has some of the best sculpted models in GW's entire catalogue, but the Goliath starter minis definitely aren't among them msn-wink.gif

Yeah, you have to go for the metals or it have a dead straight shotgun arm.

Win loose or draw the world eaters feel like a brilliant army to play And collect

Couldn't agree more: Once you've spent a bit of time reflecting on how to make them awesome and interesting instead of generic, they just keep on giving as a hobby project -- at least that's the way it has been for me for the last three years or so.

I did it the old fashioned way.

5951081995_2ed6af917a.jpgWE Assault Marine in Nefarious Fire Colors by Muskie McKay, on Flickr

i was just thinking about these minis yesterday. now i need to hunt some down for my khorne army 

I did it the old fashioned way.

5951081995_2ed6af917a.jpgWE Assault Marine in Nefarious Fire Colors by Muskie McKay, on Flickr

i was just thinking about these minis yesterday. now i need to hunt some down for my khorne army 

They are apparently rare. I remember people used to savage them online, but I painted mine up and everyone likes them. It just goes to show that the paint job can really improve the mini, I also put it on a snazzy base. Snazzy bases cost but when you want to look your best while killing every last toy soldier...

Can still find loose bits on Ebay.  I bought some recently for a reasonable price.

Archived