7th edition Lord of war

aura_enchanted

No way it's Dante. He's more of the "tactical brilliance" commander than the "I see your face and smash it into 7 faces" commander. In gameplay terms based on the current codex, Mephy. My money would either be on Mephy or Mephiston getting toned down significantly - ML3 Psyker, Independent Character, tone his stats down to sane levels, and making Sanguinor our Lord of War. Narrative-wise Sanguinor is a MUCH better choice... only appears in times of darkest need, rumoured to be a legendary hero who fought alongside Sanguinius himself, carved a path through a space hulk practically solo. If I was in charge of doing the Blood Angels codex that's what I'd do, at least.

My guess (and hope) is the sanguinor, as he is a legend in the fluff should be our low in my opinion. The way gw has done it so far with gazz the orks highest hq and Logan the wolves highest hq I can see why people may think Dante but we genuinely have a character that looks like it's the place he should be, apart from his terrible rules ofc...

I'm sure it won't be Dante, he's the chapter master.

I hope for sanguinor with better rules, but it could also be Mephiston. Or how about both? Nobody plays both of them anyway.

But so is Logan Grimnar, and they made him a LoW.  Personally I thought Bjorn would've been the better LoW option for SW, but oh well.

Based on trends (Ghazkhull, Logan Grimnar, and Khaldor Draigo), it'll be Commander Dante.  Even if it would make more sense, regarding raw power, to go with Mephiston or the Sanguinor, that doesn't appear to be the sole factor that the designers are looking at when choosing the Lords of War for each Faction.  Well before the SW codex was released, I expected Bjorn as the most obvious LoW pick, but that's not how it turned out at all.

Now, whether they actually improve Dante significantly to have him 'fit' the LoW slot better also remains to be seen.  Ghazkhull and Logan remained more-or-less the same as their previous version, although Logan did gain the Stormrider option.

I'm definitely curious to see what they do with my favorite Chapter Master.

V

Based on trends (Ghazkhull, Logan Grimnar, and Khaldor Draigo), it'll be Commander Dante.  Even if it would make more sense, regarding raw power, to go with Mephiston or the Sanguinor, that doesn't appear to be the sole factor that the designers are looking at when choosing the Lords of War for each Faction. 

I'd disagree and say that raw power is almost certainly the determining factor here. Logan, Ghaz and Draigo are all huge beatsticks whereas Dante, the oldest non-Dreadnought Space Marine in the universe, would last about half a second against any of the above. I expect our LoW to be Mephiston.

Archived