Strike Force Sunray - The Siege of Eboracum Campaign

Shaezus

Tac Sarge. Forgot to take one from behind, showing meltabomb and sheathed power sword (proxy from SG shortsword thingy)

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll27/timwoowoo/WP_20150111_16_10_31_Pro1.jpg

Tac dude with grenade. Brownie points for anyone spotting the heinous mistake ph34r.png

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll27/timwoowoo/WP_20150111_16_11_36_Pro1-1.jpg

SG dude with fist. Used a Sotek Green wash on white bits, fancy the light blue hue as more catchy against gold than plain white.

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll27/timwoowoo/WP_20150111_16_08_53_Pro1.jpg

SG with sword.

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll27/timwoowoo/WP_20150111_16_08_09_Pro1.jpg

Just the scrollwork to do on the tacs and SG, once I've finished basing the sternguard and scouts and putting twin IP on the ASM sarge. Chop-snip :)

Wouldn't mind that :p

It's not as sucky as I first thought: BA with SW allies, heavy heavy melta list with 4 pods and 10 SW termies. Will post his list up when I get on a computer later.

A good challenge, if not the kind I had hoped for. Have played against similar lists on three occasions and won all of them (with my pod army though). If I have to go first, the Damocles could be a winner if I can delay my reserves.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wwx6tdsgidtkkcg/Caledonian%

20Uprising%20RP%20v1.3.pdf?dl=0

Rulespack linky ^

The tourny starts this Saturday. Full list doc has just been put, on their FB page, Caledonian uprising 2015.

Waiting to get on a computer to summarise my first round game and put some more WiP pics up, in the meantime here's my list:

Baal Strike Force - single detachment

Warlord: Commander Dante (LoW)

HQ 1: LIBRARIAN. EPISTOLARY. ANGEL'S WING. AUSPEX.

HQ2: LIBRARIAN. EPISTOLARY. JUMP PACK

HQ (FREE SLOT): DAMOCLES COMMAND RHINO

ELITES 1: 10 X SANGUINARY GUARD. CHAPTER BANNER. 2 X POWER FIST

ELITES 2: 5 X DEATH COMPANY. JUMP PACKS. 1 X POWER SWORD

ELITES 3: 5 X STERNGUARD. 5 X COMBI-GRAV. DROP POD

TROOPS 1: 10 X TACTICAL MARINES. HEAVY FLAMER. FLAMER. SGT HAS VETERAN UPGRADE, COMBI-FLAMER, POWER SWORD AND MELTABOMBS. DROP POD

TROOPS 2: 5 X SCOUTS. 5 X SNIPER RIFLES

FAST ATTACK 1: 5 X ASM. 2 X MELTAGUN. SGT HAS 2 X INFERNO PISTOL. DROP POD

HEAVY SUPPORT 1: RELIC SICARAN BATTLE TANK. DOZER BLADE. LASCANNON SPONSONS. SCHISM OF MARS LEGACY OF GLORY.

TOTAL 1850 POINTS

So game 1 is:

Hammer & Anvil

Primary: Big Guns Never Tire (5 objectives)

Secondary: Tactical Escalation

Tertiary: STW, LB and First Strike

His army:

Blood Angels Detachment - Baal strike force (Codex Blood Angels - page 110)

HQ1: Sanguinary Priest 60pts The Angels wing 25pts 85

HQ2: Librarian 65pts LVL 2 mastery 25pts, Terminator armour 25pts, Storm Shield 10pts Force Axe (0) 125 [warlord]

Troops1: Tactical squad 70pts +5 marines 70pts Heavy flamer 10pts Flamer 5pts Meltabombs (sergeant) 5pts 195pts Transport1: Drop Pod 35pts

Troops2: Tactical squad 70pts +5 marines 70pts Flamer 5pts Meltabombs (sergeant) 5pts 185pts Transport2: Drop Pod 35pts

FA1: Assault squad 85pts, 2 meltaguns 20pts, Combi Melta 10pts 115 Transport3: Drop pod (remove jump packs) FREE

FA2: Assault squad 85pts, 2 meltaguns 20pts, Combi Melta 10pts 115 Transport4: Drop pod (remove jump packs) FREE

FA3: Assault squad 85pts, 2 meltaguns 20pts, Combi Melta 10pts 115
Transport5: Drop pod (remove jump packs) FREE

Elite1: Command squad 100pts 3 Meltaguns 30pts Storm Shield 10pts 175 Transport6: Drop Pod 35pts

FORMATION: Wolf Guard Thunderstrike (Champions of Fenris - Page 57)

Elite2: 10 Wolf guard 180pts 6 combi plasma 60pts, Power Fist 25pts 300 Transport7: Drop pod 35pts

Elite3: 10 Wolf guard terminators 330pts:2 Cyclone missile launchers 50pts, 8 Combi Melta 40pts, 2 power fists 20, 8 Storm Shields (Free) 440pts
Combined total 1850

(Stormshields and combis are same models) (Powerfists and cyclone missile launchers are same models) (all drop pods have storm bolters)

Lots to ponder over and much will depend, for me, on LOS-blocking terrain in my DZ.

A really heavy melta list with some plasma there too so fingers crossed I can choose to take first turn or give it to him, failing that it will be a cagey mix of empty pods and hiding units in turn one!

Will be a good game. 

Anybody know how the Wolf Guard Thunderstrike formation works? What bonuses does it give? EDIT: Wolf Guard Thunderstrike (Formation)

10 wolf guard in a pod plus some terminators. The formation gets twin-linked on the turn they deep strike but all arrive on the same turn (single reserves roll).

Just noticed, his priest has Angel's Wing but there are no jump troops in his army. No doubt this means his priest is going with the termies. Question is can they arrive on turn one?

A brief perusal of the list reveals that hornets appear to have replaced the beastpack as the new pointy-eared in-thing. Look forward to seeing how they can be dealt with.

Quite a fair smattering of horde armies - a couple of 100-120 boyz orks, lots of gaunts, some summoners and not forgetting Dave's 101 MEHREEEENS!! :D Glad I'm taking that full frying squad.

Most nid armies have 4 FHTs...

https://m.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.dropbox.com%2Fs%2Fwwx6tdsgidtkkcg%2FCaledonian%2520Uprising%2520RP%2520v1.3.pdf%3Fdl%3D0&h=2AQGmcCMl&s=1

^ borked no longer?

Think there's only one or two nid lists without FHT. One SoB player, not sure what his list is. Will have a look.

Haha :D Well worth it for the five games on awesome terrain, subs n other stuff for lunch both days and the general atmosphere :) although the smoke from the sausage and bacon last year was a tad too realistic as a terrain effect :D

That sororitas player has a fair bit of melta in his list after all, just not full-on spammage. Unlike the list I'm facing in game 1 :s

Have to say I LOVE the way the TO has comped invisibility, and 2++ rerollables.

Well it's finally here, the day I have been waiting for since Cally '14 :D Am positively squeeing with excitement so just wanted to share this with you guys here. It's that time when everything that has been said and debated on here goes either out of one ear or into brain storage somewhere, and nothing exists beyond the gaming board!

7th ed saw the death of 40k at my club, a massive shame as it is a very active and thriving club. Still, it's been about 2-3 months since my last game, so my focus is going to be on not making mistakes. Still, the ability to think on one's feet, to bury the thirst until the right opportunities arise, can go a long way. I'm aiming for a top 60 finish. Like I say though for me, it's about getting Blood Angels back up there.

Anyway excuses aside, I look forward to putting up the (hopefully victorious) batreps soon.

Gloves off, thinking cap on. In the name of Sanguinius.

Phew...a 20-0 victory! :)

Got lucky with choosing LOS blocking terrain, so I could start the Sang Guard on the board. Would have tabled him turn two if one of his dudes hadn't passed two 6+ covers! He hot unlucky with reserves coming in, but hey that's the price you pay I guess. Much closer game than the score suggests.

Game 2 vs Eldar:

Farseer & bling on jetbike

Autarch?

Fire dragons

Dire avengers x 2

Wave serpents x 3

Hornets (2 x 3)

20-0 defeat. Those hornets, 80 points for 4 S8 AP2 shots on a fast skimmer with scout, acute senses and probably something else.

Death by pointy-eared firepower! Kind of enjoyable in a strange way, no complaints losing against a sporting ETC dude with an army like that...don't see what I could have done, particularly when saves where very bipolar i.e. He passed the huge majority of his 3+ jinks while I failed the huge majority of my 3+ covers. Ouch.

Archived