The Unmarked - Update - Rhino and Dreadnought

Barbedwire

The Unmarked - Once a small chapter serving the Emperor with the deepest loyalty until the chapter master and inner circle was corrupted by the forces of chaos. Causing the empire of man to call a purge on the entire chapter to remove them from history.

The chapter now roams the galaxy in search of redemption, they know they will never be amongst the ranks of mankind again and so they seek death instead, going to worlds so infested with chaos that they would normally be purged with orbital bombardments instead.

It is not known what their former name was, for they do not mention it themselves. And their history has been purged from the records. Now they are simply called The Unmarked, this coming from the fact that they wear no squad or rank markings on their armor to show themselves as no longer being part of the Codex Astartes, yet they keep their Aquila's in hope that they one day will be redeemed by the Emperor. They are neither men of chaos nor loyalist space marines any longer.

The Unmarked - Once a small chapter serving the Emperor with the deepest loyalty until the chapter master and inner circle was corrupted by the forces of chaos. Causing the empire of man to call a purge on the entire chapter to remove them from history.

The chapter now roams the galaxy in search of redemption, they know they will never be amongst the ranks of mankind again and so they seek death instead, going to worlds so infested with chaos that they would normally be purged with orbital bombardments instead.

It is not known what their former name was, for they do not mention it themselves. And their history has been purged from the records. Now they are simply called The Unmarked, this coming from the fact that they wear no squad or rank markings on their armor to show themselves as no longer being part of the Codex Astartes, yet they keep their Aquila's in hope that they one day will be redeemed by the Emperor. They are neither men of chaos nor loyalist space marines any longer.

I tried out a new colourscheme by making the helmet and shoulder trims metal coloured, I'm not quite sure which one I like the most but you guys might have some input. The first one is a bit more complicated while this gives a more knightly feel if you ask me. Bear in mind that these are still test figures, the real ones whill have robes tabards and proper helmets once they arrive.http://i.imgur.com/l0rLJin.jpg

These are the Forgeworld heads I have ordered for my space marines, looks pretty knightly if you ask me.

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuff/WORLD_EATERS_MKII_VETERAN_HEADS.html

I also have a question, if I use third-party resin bases for my figures, will I be allowed to play with them in Games Workshop stores still?

So, I've been looking at these bases to represent a chaos infested planet.

http://www.secretweaponminiatures.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=79_30_93

The only thing that is holding me slightly back is that they come in limited sizes, so I won't be able to field flyers or centurions for example, and my greenstuff skills aren't exactly good enough to replicate the bases for those.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived