Hello everyone

Nutty

So after lurking around for a year and a half I've decided to make an account so I could use the search function, and get some input om my army/list/painting.

I've started playing 40k at the start of 5th edition, when I picked up a Tau army. This worked out pretty well for me during most of 5th, but things got pretty nasty pretty quick when 6th edition hit. And after a exceptionally nasty campaign I decided I would pick up the first new Imperial codex that would come along, which turned out to be Dark Angels.

Now although I do like the idea behind the unforgiven and their 3 wings the only games in which I truelly enjoyed playing them have been apocalypse scale. In one of my most memorable games the Brothers of the Ravenwing accounted for 9 superheavy kills in two turns, when they outflanked into the rear of a traitor guard formation... Sadly apocalypse games tend to be far and inbetween, and I've been unable to get an enjoyable (and functioning) army together in smaller games. As most of the games in my area are played around the 1250-1500 point marks.

As a result i've decided to branch out into the "regular" Space Marine codex, and although I'm a bit overwhelmed by all the different possible builds & tactics.. I've been enjoying the games I've played with them so far.

Thanks for reading, and I'll see you all around the B&C

Welcome brother, to the halls of B&C. Should you feel the need to return to the Dark Angels, I'm sure the Fraters in their subforum would only be too glad to talk to you. Do you have a particular set of Chapter Tactics that you prefer? Ultramarines? Iron Hands? Imperial Fists?

Thanks brother, I've been painting a small (~1500ish) force of Exorcists with which I've been playing some games using the different chapter tactics. So far I've enjoying Ultramarines and Ravenguard the most, but I still need to try; White Scars, Salamanders, and Imperial Fists. The Ultramarines have great tactical flexibility with the three doctrines, but I'm also quite fond of the scout move that the Ravenguard get.

However a buddy of mine lent me his Badab books and pointed me to the FW updates for the books so I could read up on the Exorcists, and I must say I'm interested to try out some of those tactics/characters; there is some really flavourful stuff in there. The Star Phantoms in particular have drawn my eye: the tactics seem useful, and their special character allows for Devastators in the elite slot would allow for some serious firepower in bigger games.

Right now I'm bouncing back and fourth between a dozen or so chapters and their successors, but I can't decide which way I want to take the actual army.

Archived