is Dantes axe unwieldy?

ZONKEY

I think he will only get one of those, probably the axe at Init which out of the two it would be my preference. Depends if he becomes a mighty super-wuper heroic Lord of War (or not)

The axe at Init would be nice. Having a 250 point T4 model with no Eternal Warrior striking last is completely absurd. How on earth did he become the oldest living marine when he dies in absolutely any fight that involves a power fist (or equivalent)?

But as the oldest living Space Marine, shouldn't he be an Eternal Warrior rules wise at least?

They could always give the axe two profiles - similar to Logan.

He is the oldest because he avoids being hit, not because he can take a punch to the face like Calgar.

Eternal warrior for the Sanguinor, I6 MC axe with +1S for Dante.

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't want to be rude and start a new thread for this whinefest, but looking at the Chaos Daemon Codex I noticed Skarbrand cost the same as Dante. If they ever soloed one another Dante would lose like dropping a puppy into a wood chipper.

I sure hope they fix this nonsense with the new dex.

Didn't want to be rude and start a new thread for this whinefest, but looking at the Chaos Daemon Codex I noticed Skarbrand cost the same as Dante. If they ever soloed one another Dante would lose like dropping a puppy into a wood chipper.

Gotta look at the big picture man! Dante also lets you take one of the worst units in the book as troops! :P

Gotta look at the big picture man! Dante also lets you take one of the worst units in the book as troops! tongue.png

Ha oh right! We can also impeccably Deep Strike them right onto his axe, so we don't waste everyone's time ;p

Force Organization changing characters are no longer en vogue but new detachments are. So probably Dante like Logan will no longer make an Elites choice a troops choice (not sure what happened to Draigo, Belial is 6th Ed and Deathwing as been around very long).

Off topic, does Dante have a first name (besides Commander biggrin.png)?

Force Organization changing characters are no longer en vogue but new detachments are. So probably Dante like Logan will no longer make an Elites choice a troops choice (not sure what happened to Draigo, Belial is 6th Ed and Deathwing as been around very long).

Off topic, does Dante have a first name (besides Commander biggrin.png)?

Its Bob

warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/dante

under a son of Sanguinius paragraph 3

"Coming together in communion, the last surviving sanguinary Priests and Chaplains elected the last-living Captain, Cervan Dante, as their next Chapter Master."

Never use the wiki, it is terrible.  The quote they use here is from Dante's Warlord dataslate, but in the actual quote the name Cervan Dante does not appear.

"The last surviving Sanguinary Priests and Chaplains came together in communion, electing the last-living Captain as the next Chapter Master." is the actual quote.

The name Cervan started circulating years ago, but I have never once seen a source mentioned for it.

Dante should cost 180 points.

Lose the silly mask rules, give him fear instead. Keep the deepstrike buff and hit and run.

Make his axe str5, mastercrafted, ap2.

Don't give him eternal warrior or make him a lord of war.

Fear is the most useless USR in the game.... and he already has it from the mask.

So you want to keep the axe exactly the same? (or are you suggesting a set S5 without unwieldy?) 

For 180 pts? 

Archived