Deep Striking Redeemer?

Midnightmare

A vehicle that arrives by Deep Strike is said to have moved at Combat Speed, meaning it can fire one weapon at full BS.

PotMS allows a vehicle to fire one more shot than normally allowed at full BS (and at a different target too).

Ergo, we can fire both Flamestorm Cannons when we land, and then fire the rest as Snap Shots.

(As an aside, consider getting the Legacy of Glory: Isstvaan V Dropsire Massacre to eliminate the chances of scatter. IAv2SE, page 244, costs four Melta Bombs)

I had the Legacy of Glory used against me once before - took me completely by surprise, especially as it had a squad of Sternguard in a Pod with Corbs and a Libby casting invisibility every turn (I hate that power!!) - LoG is certainly something I will try myself in future :), but I will be relying on beacon's this time.

Thanks for your quick reply, your a star, especially as it was exactly the answer that I was after. I had assumed on PoMS, but not the further normal BS shot. Also the snap shot TLAC and a cheeky Multimelta are nice.

Cheers!

Midnight, bringing Christmas to the enemies of man.

A simple 10 man RAS with 2 meltas in a redeemer could work as a turn 2 drop following turn 1 fragiosos.  Two flamestorm cannons and 2 meltas/krak grenade/bolt pistols sounds pretty nice.  Perhaps an added Corbulo to make the RAS more durable and powerful in assault.

I had the Legacy of Glory used against me once before - took me completely by surprise, especially as it had a squad of Sternguard in a Pod with Corbs and a Libby casting invisibility every turn (I hate that power!!) - LoG is certainly something I will try myself in future smile.png, but I will be relying on beacon's this time.

Thanks for your quick reply, your a star, especially as it was exactly the answer that I was after. I had assumed on PoMS, but not the further normal BS shot. Also the snap shot TLAC and a cheeky Multimelta are nice.

Cheers!

he sounds like a horrible dirty bugger that one. :p

I had the Legacy of Glory used against me once before - took me completely by surprise, especially as it had a squad of Sternguard in a Pod with Corbs and a Libby casting invisibility every turn (I hate that power!!) - LoG is certainly something I will try myself in future smile.png, but I will be relying on beacon's this time.

Cheers!

he sounds like a horrible dirty bugger that one. :p

Filth!! ;)

Archived